Nashville has become a dream destination for foodies. It seems like everyday there is a new restaurant with a unique item we need to try. East Nashville, although seemingly intimidating if you don’t consider yourself a “hipster,” has some of the best food in Nashville. Here are 7 trendy and delicious restaurants that need to be on your Nashville bucket list:

1. The Treehouse Restaurant

East Nashville

Photo courtesy of @thetreehousenashville on Instagram

The Treehouse Restaurant gives off really good vibes. There is a literally a treehouse in the restaurant, the seats are made of fresh wood, and oh the food – well the menu changes everyday so your always trying something new. If you catch a day when they are serving the broccoli, I highly recommend.

2. A Matter Of Taste Eatery

East Nashville

Photo by Emily Green

A Matter of Taste Eatery, or AMOT Eatery for short, is an a purely gluten free restaurant, although you would never know it. I shared the bacon mac and cheese, the spinach and artichoke nachos and a chicken pesto four cheese pizza (shown above) when I went with my sister. You could say we were sufficiently stuffed and would have never known that everything was gluten free.

3. Two Ten Jack

East Nashville

Photo Courtesy of @twotenjack on Instagram

This place creatively takes typical Japanese meals and incorporates local southern ingredients and flavors to make deliciously new combinations. For instance, they make great fancy ramen, that will forever make you reconsider the level of satisfaction a Cup Noodles gives you. Not only that, but each dish is pretty inexpensive.

4. Little Octopus

East Nashville

Photo Courtesy of @lttleoctopus on Instagram

This is a great restaurant to visit on a warm and lightly breezy spring night, when you are looking to relax and hangout. It features a large, airy patio with a menu full of wholesome, organic food that you will feel good about eating.

5. The Pharmacy

East Nashville

Photo courtesy of @thepharmacynashville on Instagram

Get ready to have a good night’s sleep after this meal. With a variety of amazing burgers, sides, and milkshakes, you will be guaranteed to be absolutely stuffed. The wait can get really long on the weekend, so make it a fun weekday excursion trip instead.

6. The Wild Cow Vegetarian Restaurant

East Nashville

Photo courtesy of @thewildcow on Instagram

The Wild Cow is an all vegetarian restaurant (also serving many gluten free and vegan dishes) that is worth trying even if you’re not on a health kick (and this article shows you why you might want to consider going vegan). The extensive menu includes hearty bowls, tacos and wraps that all will leave you feeling full and healthy. If the trek out to East Nashville is too much for you, you can get it delivered.

7. Rumours East

East Nashville

Photo courtesy of @rumourseast on Instagram

This is a great place to go if you’re looking for good wine in addition to good food. Their wine list pairs well with their upscale American cuisine.