Okay, we all know that Chik-fil-a didn’t invent the chicken but they did invent the sandwich. But let me tell you this, they sure as hell didn’t invent the chicken biscuit because Maple Street has got that on lock.

Maple Street Biscuit Company is relatively new to Tallahassee but has quickly risen up the ranks as a Florida State favorite. While some are still mourning the loss of Atomic Coffee, I promise you won’t be dissapointed. They’ve got great music, cool vibes, delicious food and freshly ground and brewed coffee. Even though there are millions of reasons to love this place, I’m here to give you 7 reasons why you should skip the Chik-fi-la breakfast and get down home and southern with Maple Street.

7. It’s southern and local

Maple Street Biscuit Company

Photo by Robert Wehrli

Based out of Jacksonville, Maple Street has only one location out of the state of Florida, which is their City Center location in Chattanooga, Tennessee. For once something good has come out of FL besides Disney World and oranges.

6. They aren’t a franchise or a chain

Maple Street Biscuit Company

Photo by Robert Wehrli

Don’t hate on them if you’re a business major. Even though Maple Street has a few locations they prefer to call themselves a group of community stores. They did not set out to sell a concept and make a profit, they wanted to make a difference in the people’s lives that are a part of the communities they serve.

5. Their values shine through

Maple Street Biscuit Company

Photo by Robert Wehrli

They have three core values: Consistent Southern Comfort Food with a Modern Twist, Immaculately Clean Store and Gracious Service. These three definitely shine through in every aspect of their location. It’s a refreshing twist from the usual college restaurant with bad service and even worse food.

4. It’s a great place to study

Maple Street Biscuit Company

Photo by Robert Wehrli

The atmosphere is amazing. The vibe makes it a great place to host study groups and meetings. Their large bright windows let all the natural light in and the industrial fixtures and Edison style light bulbs completely compliment the wood surfaces. There are long wooden tables perfect for sprawling out all your work and huge circular tables for your squad to just hang and chat if you want.

3. They’re Food Network approved

Maple Street Biscuit Company

Photo by Robert Wehrli

Maple Street Biscuit Company has landed themselves a spot on Food Networks show ‘Guilty Pleasures’. With one of their Jacksonville locations featured on the show, our favorite little spot is sure to blow up and become mega popular now.

2. They make pretty much everything in house

Maple Street Biscuit Company

Photo By Robert Wehrli

Who wouldn’t love a place that freshly grinds their coffee, uses real maple syrup and makes their own honey mustard, apple butter, pepper jellies and their own jams.  All of their fresh brewed coffee has unlimited refills. Talk about amazing. We’re not in Canada but you’d think we were with how good their maple syrup is. Don’t believe me? Try the Sticky Maple and you’ll know what I’m talking about.

1. Your answers matter

Maple Street Biscuit Company

Photo by Robert Wehrli

This is probably my favorite thing about Maple Street. When you walk up to the register they ask you a question and your response is how you receive your food. It’s a cool change from the name calling you get everywhere else. Once seated you’ll here all kinds of crazy things being shouted across the restaurant which contributes greatly to the fun and warm community feel of Maple Street.

Maple Street Biscuit Company

Photo by Robert Wehrli

Whether you want goat cheese, collard greens or apple butter, there is something for everyone at Maple Street. It’s just great comfort food with a brilliant atmosphere. What more could you need?