As we welcome the autumn weather with open arms, we Austinites celebrate the new season with its most iconic flavor: Pumpkin. Pumpkins are the food equivalent to a chunky knit sweater, making our tummies feel warm and cozy inside.

Before you flock to the nearest Starbucks to join the legion of people trying to get their hands on a Pumpkin Spice Latte, satisfy your pumpkin cravings with these Austin eats that won’t leave you feeling #basic.

1.  Pumpkin Liege Waffles at Mary’s Pop Shop

pumpkin

Photo by Jamie Medina

Leslie Knope once said that “We need to remember what’s important in life: friends, waffles, work. Or waffles, friends, work. Doesn’t matter, but work is third.” This North Campus cafe makes their waffles from a brioche dough made in-house that is rolled in pearl sugar and caramelized in the waffle iron. As if it weren’t decadent enough, their pumpkin waffle is topped off with sweet cream cheese and dusted with graham cracker.

You don’t even have to feel guilty about making a stop for one this fall because, after all, waffles ought to be your top priority.

2. Smashed Guacamole at Jack Allen’s Kitchen

pumpkin

Photo by Jamie Medina

Guacamole with pumpkin may sound strange, but the smashed guacamole at Jack Allen’s Kitchen has people raving about its unique flavor. Jack Allen’s sprinkles pumpkin seeds, which are indigenous to Mexico, along with Cotija cheese all over their fresh guac to give it a toasty, sweet finish. This pumpkin seed guacamole is so good that it’s been named one of the best bowls of guac in Austin.

#SpoonTip: If you’re ballin’ on a budget, go between 3-7 pm Monday through Friday to get this pumpkin-infused appetizer for half off.

3. Pumpkin Spice & Sugar Mini-Donuts at Little Lucy’s

pumpkin

Photo by Jamie Medina

In the midst of all the bars on Rainey Street sits a pink trailer called Little Lucy’s, pumping out lil’ baby Pumpkin Spice & Sugar donuts that taste exactly like fall  if fall were fried. These pillow-soft yet lightly crisped mini donuts get the pumpkin flavor just right, and can be dipped in Little Lucy’s chocolate, white chocolate, or caramel sauces.

#SpoonTip: Get the large bag. Even if you think you’re not that hungry, you would be surprised as to how fast you will eat your way to the bottom of their pink bags.

4. Granny Hazel’s Pumpkin Pie Ice Cream at Lick Honest Ice Creams

Any ice cream that Lick rolls out is practically gold, and Hazel’s Pumpkin Pie flavor is no different. Lick takes Texas-grown pumpkins and blends them together with cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg to create a cold and creamy version of the pumpkin pie you know all too well.

If you want the ultimate pumpkin pie experience, you can even take home a pint of their pumpkin ice cream and scoop it onto a slice of your own pumpkin pie.

5. Pumpkin Spice Cream Puff at Cream Whiskers

pumpkin

Photo by Victoria Liu

These cream puffs put the ones you see in the freezer section at Costco to shame. Cream Whiskers is the cutest dessert/coffee shop in the University area, sustaining busy UT students throughout the year with their creamy treats.

This seasonal cream puff starts off with a regular puff or cookie-top base that sandwiches pumpkin-spiced whipped filling and is finished off with a light cinnamon sugar powder. This tiny cafe also makes a great study spot, which is the perfect excuse to head over and stuff your face with one of these cream puffs. Or two. I won’t judge you.

6. Pumpkin Pizza at Burn Pizza + Bar

This isn’t your average pumpkin pie. Burn Pizza + Bar is taking its authentic Roman-Style pizza and giving it a pumpkin twist. This vegetarian-friendly pizza tops provolone, parmesan, and pecorino cheeses with chunks of pumpkin, with an option to add meat if desired. This new pizza joint on East 6th is ideal for grabbing a slice of pumpkin pizza in the middle of your festivities on a night downtown.

7. Pumpkin Spice Latte and Pumpkin Muffins at Picnik

pumpkin

Photo by Jamie Medina

If you’re gonna sip a PSL this fall, drink one that will leave you feeling good about your bod. Picnik’s Pumpkin Spice Latte is made with homemade pumpkin spice and contains grass-fed whey protein and MCT oil, a naturally occurring oil that helps turn your fats into energy, minimizing the crash you normally feel after drinking caffeine. The pumpkin/ vanilla bean flavor of the latte is a much more satisfying alternative to its Starbucks counterpart, and pairs perfectly with Picnik’s coconut flour-based pumpkin muffins.

Now when you ‘gram your Pumpkin Spice Latte, you can hashtag your photo #cleaneats AND MEAN IT.