The most wonderful time of the year is upon us ladies and gents. Bring on the apples, football, and pumpkin flavored everything. As the temps and leaves fall, Philadelphians celebrate. From Chinatown to the Navy Yard, the greater Philadelphia area will be eating and drinking until the season ends.

You won't want to miss all of the awesome food festivals hitting the streets of Philly this October, and for those who don't know here are the highlights. 

1. Midtown Village Fall Festival

A photo posted by JFuer (@jfuer) on

When: October 1st,  12-8 pm

The heart of Center City will be a buzz with fall cheer as the massive Midtown Village Festival hits the streets. Sample the cuisine of over 20 restaurants who will be dishing out their specialties al fresco, all day long.

The festival highlights the best food and drink options 13th street has to offer. Celebrate October in true German fashion with bratwurst from Bru Craft and Worst. If you're not in the mood for Oktoberfest food no worries, the participating restaurants specialize in everything from cheese curds to pirogies to gyros. Everyone in your party is sure to find some fall fare to suit their fancy.

And not only are there plenty of dining options, you'll also find over 100 vendors and five stages featuring live performers. Grab some food, treat yo self at the street boutiques, take a chance at karaoke outside of McGillin's

2. Roxtoberfest

A photo posted by Joe DeCandido (@joedecan) on

When: October 1st, 12-6 pm

As the Midtown Village festival rages on, the northwest Philly neighborhood of Roxborough will present their take on the famous German celebration.

Roxtoberfest boasts an impressive line-up of food trucks. Try some pizza from Jules Thin Crust, Korean cuisine from My Four Suns, or Brazilian inspired sandwiches from BrazBQ.

Come for the food and stay for live performances, brew competition, life-sized board games, and vendors. Grab you lederhosen and head on over to Roxborough. 

3. Night Market Philadlephia: Navy Yard

A photo posted by taylor b (@taytaybair) on

When: October 6th, 6-10 pm 

The Navy Yard Night Market is the last in a series of four street food festivals presented by The Food Trust. At Night Market, you'll find Philadelphia's most sought after and beloved food trucks. Enjoy healthy options like Rio bowls and smoothies from BlendLife, slow cooked meats from Navy Yard local Lo Spiedo, or gourmet cannoli from Cannoli World.

The festival features dozens of participants, live music, grounds tours, and performances by the Philadelphia Argentine Tango School. Mark you calendar so you don't miss out on the last chance to participate in Night Market.

4. Chinatown Market Ye Shi

A photo posted by Chen Shuai (@solidocelot112) on

When: October 13th 7-11 pm 

Inspired by Night Market, Chinatown is set to put its own spin on one Philadelphia's favorite festivals. Over 50 food trucks and restaurants will be serving up their specialties from 10th street from Arch to Vine and Race street between 9th and 11th.

You can find Asian cuisine at Yakitori Boy, Ka Chi, and BonChon Chicken, or stick to some of your favorites like Bassetts Ice Cream, Farm Truck Philly, and Philly tacos. While you eat, enjoy various live performances, karaoke, and a calligraphy demo.

5. Old City Fest

When: October 9th, 11am-6 pm  

At the upcoming Old City Fest, expect a variety of unique flavors flooding the streets. With spots like Franklin Fountain, Continental, Old City Coffee, and High Street on Market participating you really can't go wrong.

Old City Fest features much more than delicious eats, it's also a celebration of art, design, creativity, and culture. The festival will feature pop-up performances throughout the day and will host two fashion shows.

6. The Free Food Crawl

A photo posted by Food Moves (@foodmoves.me) on

When: October 14th, 11-6 pm 

Well this isn't quite a festival, but it is a fun food event that's sure to take Philadelphia by storm this October. The Free Food Crawl is a city wide food truck scavenger hunt. In order to participate, download the Food Moves App and follow the icons to a new truck giving away free food every hour.

What kind of food you might ask? Well that's for us to find out on the 14th. This is a can't-miss experience for the most adventurous Philadelphia foodies. 

7. Philly's Cheesesteak and Food Fest

When: October 15th, 11am-5pm 

A festival devoted entirely to Philadelphia's favorite sandwich? Sign me up! The Cheesesteak festival is set to return to Citizens Bank Park and will include other Philadelphia favorites this year such as water (or "wooder") ice, soft pretzels, and roast beef sandwiches. Be the judge of the best steak in the city by sampling from over 50 vendors.

For $20 general admission fee, enjoy access to countless food vendors, carnival games, cooking demonstrations, musical entertainment, and an appearance by the Phillie Phanatic. Celebrate what makes Philly special at the second Philly's Cheesesteak and Food Fest.