Ever go in to your favorite place to eat and confidently tell yourself you are going to try something new? Then it comes time to order and your like “uh..I’ll have my usual”. This anxiety really sets in when you’re in front of the touchscreen at Rapidough. You can easily be overwhelmed by the endless choices of toppings, sauces, cheeses and meats to make your pizza special. With that being said, it can be a lot easier to just go for the plain tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese (guilty). There’s nothing wrong with this classic but, with all the freshest ingredients at your convenience the menu is your oyster. So, for those of you that are having creativity block in pizza making, here’s a few ideas for you to try next time your behind the dreaded register:

1. The Parma

rapidough pizza

Photo Courtesy of Emily Kopchinski

Although this pizza is already apart of the signature choices on the menu, it could not go unmentioned. This beauty has garlic sauce, goat cheese, mozzarella cheese, arugula, and drum roll…prosciutto. All of these traditionally Italian ingredients come together for the ultimate flavor combination. I guarantee you won’t have trouble ordering again after you try this pizza of resistance.

#SpoonTip: If you want to make this pizza more CYO style try adding some extra meats like sausage or salami for even more Italian influence. 

2. Buffalo Chicken “Salad”

rapidough pizza

Photo Courtesy of Alexa Topakas

So I am most likely using the term salad loosely here but, it’s fine. If you are like me and love spicy this is this pizza for you. Although the toppings might be simple, they are packed with flavor. The ingredients as follows are: buffalo sauce, blue cheese, mozzarella cheese, chicken, and of course peppery arugula for that salad component to make you feel a little less guilty.

3. Pesto Perfection

rapidough pizza

Photo Courtesy of @Rapidoughpizzapies on Instagram

Pesto on just about anything is so refreshing. Why not add it to pizza? This pizza has corn, cheese, and chicken. These ingredients remind me of some sort of Italian taco, especially if you fold your pizza to eat it. If you wanted to add some spice I’d recommend adding some jalapeños for that taco feel.

4. Breakfast Pizza

rapidough pizza

Photo Courtesy of @RapidoughPizzaPies on Instagram

I think it’s safe to say pizza for breakfast is the best kind of pizza. This pie is basically a delicious omelette on top of their signature crust. This pizza has lots of egg (obvi), bacon, and cheese to really give you those breakfast flavors. To make it a specialty, customize it with veggies of your choice.

5. Vegetarian

rapidough pizza

Photo Courtsey of @RapidoughPizzaPies on Instagram

The name clearly speaks for itself. The point of this pizza is to load up on the vegetable ingredients to make it feel like its more of a salad rather than a pizza. Try adding onions, mushroom, olives, corn, and broccoli on a plain cheese pizza. Guilt-free, right?

#SpoonTip: Try adding Brussel sprouts and arugula for even more greens (not featured in the photo, but highly recommended)

6. Eggplant Parm

rapidough pizza

Why not create a signature Italian dish and throw it on a pizza? Start with the bolognese sauce, mozzarella, of course ricotta, and don’t forget the main ingredient – eggplant. You can also add some peppers for additional flavor if you like. You’ll be craving red wine and feeling like a true Italian after this dish.

7. The Kitchen Sink

rapidough pizza

Photo Courtesy by Alexia Peta

So this one is named for obvious reasons, as you can see. This pizza has 11 whopping ingredients that top this glorious pizza. The base of the pizza is the homemade bolognese sauce and then it all gets crazy from there; pepperoni, eggplant, arugula, mushrooms, onions, peppers, olives, Brussel sprouts, broccoli, spinach and to top it all off, a gooey fried egg. This one is definitely for the unconventional pizza lover that is willing to try something new. I would recommend that you eat this pizza with a knife and fork, but as Rapidough would say “Trust the Crust”.

Although only one of these options is actually on the menu, hopefully these pizza’s will help narrow it down when it comes time to order. These are only a few options though, the combinations are endless if your willing to be creative and try something new. After all, life’s too short to order the same pizza every time.