Undoubtedly Irvine is sort of a hole in the wall city for diverse eateries. Eateries that range from authentic Asian to classic American. Lucky enough, UC Irvine happens to be the center of all that. With University Center nearby, students are able to grab a meal for lunch that will get their bang out of their buck without having to break the bank.

1. Veggie Grill

best lunches

Photo Courtesy from @missvegansunshine on Instagram

Typically vegan and vegetarian restaurants are notably known for their flavorless  foods and over the top prices. However, Veggie Grill happens to be the ultimate place to eat delicious healthy foods and not feel bad about it. Insider tip: Veggie Grill actually has a student discount that includes an entree of your choice with a drink for only $7! Just present your student ID at this Veggie Grill any day after 4PM you could grab a dinner for under $10.

2. Trader Joe’s

best lunches

Photo courtesy of Google Images

Before coming to UC Irvine, I would rarely go to Trader Joe’s. But now I go there almost every week, whether for groceries or lunch it’s the perfect alternative for a healthy and inexpensive treat. For lunch, try grabbing a prepackaged meal alongside a bottled drink and you’re good to go! Didn’t think you’d get lunch from Trader Joe’s did you?!

3. Le Diplomate

best lunches

Photo courtesy from Steven L. on Yelp

Are you really considered a UCI student if you haven’t been to Le Dip?! Hands down the best sandwich destination closest to campus. Recommendation: Garlic Chicken and Broccoli sandwich, you’re welcome.

4. Organizations on Campus

best lunches

Photo Courtesy of Global Medical Training at UCI

If you are running late to class and can’t find a quick meal to eat, look no further than Ring Road. Tons of campus organizations are fundraising throughout the week selling foods including spam musubi, Korean barbecue tacos, the infamous $2 boba and more! This is definitely a better alternative rather than eating at a restaurant. This allows you to intertwine with your campus, becoming more knowledgable about the various organizations on campus while chowing down.

5. Tortilla Fresca

best lunches

Photo courtesy of @ucidining on Instagram

Three words: Carne Asada Fries. Not your authentic version of Carne Asada Fries, but the college twist for $6 sure does the trick.

6. Temakira

best lunches

Photo Courtesy of @mooglefatty on Instagram

I usually prefer my sushi as precut rolls but I could roll with hand rolls. Temakira is the perfect pick me up for when you are craving sushi on the go.

7. In-N-Out Burger

best lunches

Photo Courtesy of Yelp.com

Not feeling like trying anything new? Then stick to the Californian classic. I mean you can practically order the entire menu for under $10. #whenindoubtinnout