Waffle

Photo by Laura Telischi

Yes, Ithaca is gorges.  We all know that by now.  The Finger lakes, wineries, and waterfalls are still stunning after all these years.  Aside from the scenery, Ithaca is also known for its incredible range of food.  Since 2010, Alexis Randall, owner of Waffle Frolic, has been keepin’ herself busy making sweet and savory waffles in the Ithaca Commons. As a senior at Ithaca College, and after many visits to the beloved sit-down, relaxed restaurant, I have created a list of the major must-haves at Waffle Frolic.

Get ready, get set, drool.

1) Fried Chicken and Waffles

Waffle

Photo by Laura Telischi

Starting off with a savory classic, there is nothing more satisfying than something fried.  Even better, if that fried something is over a bed of waffles.  Therefore, the fried chicken and waffle dish is a simple yet scrumptious option.  Oh and whatever you do, don’t forget about the famous maple hot sauce on the side.  It’s mandatory.

2) Mr. Popular

Waffle

Photo by Laura Telischi

Hence the name, “Mr. Popular”, you really can’t go wrong in ordering this bad boy. Topped with fresh fruit of the day, Nutella (aka bae), whipped cream, and maple syrup (the real deal maple syrup), this is one of my favorite sweet treats at the Frolic.

3) Turkey Burger  

Waffle

Photo by Laura Telischi

What could be better than having a burger, slices of bangin’ bacon, and sizzling cheese sit on top of a steaming WAFFLE BUN? Not much.  The turkey burg is satisfying in so many ways.  If you were wondering, maple syrup is not only acceptable to drown your burger in, but encouraged.  Remember, there are no limits here.  This is a judgment free zone.

4) Banana Split

Waffle

Photo by Laura Telischi

Just look at that drizzle. Take this all time American favorite and imagine it over warm waffles… Yeah. The walnuts add a perfect crunch to accompany the ice-cream, whipped cream, (and all other creams you wish to add on). And let’s get real, we all know bananas and chocolate go hand-in-hand, so imagine that. You don’t want to miss out on this.

5) Ice Cream Sandwich 

Waffle

Photo by Laura Telischi

Honestly, this beautiful behemoth may eat you before you eat it, but it’s worth the risk.  What you’re getting is two scoops of ice-cream sandwiched into a twin waffle slathered in chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and obviously… whipped cream. Just do it.

6) Homemade Turkey Chili Over A Cornbread Waffle

Waffle

Photo by Laura Telischi

For starters, who doesn’t like the idea of cornbread and waffles combined? Secondly, not only is this turkey chili fresh and free-range, but it is HOMEMADE in the warmth of Waffle Frolic.  Also, anything topped with cheese is bound to be glorious, so there’s that.