One of my absolute favorite things about Fort Collins is the local restaurants. I love the adventure of encountering a completely new menu with so many options. Each place provides a genuinely unique experience that is so unlike eating at your typical chain restaurants. It was hard to narrow down my list of top choices since every FoCo food experience I’ve had has been incredible... but there are a few restaurants whose taste, story, quality and overall experience stood out to me. Whether you are a local or just visiting, whip out that phone because here are six restaurants in Fort Collins that are snapchat story worthy. 

1. Austin's American Grill

Austin's American Grill is located in both the heart of Old Town and on Harmony road. If you are looking for a menu that appeals to your grandma, your neighbor, or your second cousin’s girlfriend (so basically everyone)...this is the place to go. The restaurant has the perfect environment of upscale and homey. And the delectable scents of fresh rotisserie chicken over the open fireplace are always a plus. Even though the chicken is their speciality, PSA to all my salmon-lovers out there because this is the place for you. I would consider their "Northwest BBQ Salmon" my favorite salmon of all time. The barbecue throws some people off but trust me, this sweet and savory soy barbecue glaze perfectly complements the flaky fish and fresh veggies. Get ready to pull out that phone and take a snap pano of all the great food you’re about to devour. And don’t forget to take an after photo of all the clean plates and happy faces.

2. Aloha Coffee and Grill

Aloha Coffee & Grill is tucked away in a small spot on S. College. Take just one step in and you will immediately feel like you stepped into Hawaii with its relaxing, laid-back environment. I feel like this place is underrated due to location and size, but trust me, their food is so good. The owner also informed me about their great local chai — Sherpa Chai, comes from Boulder, Colorado. The chai is harvested from the Himalayas and is a recipe that has been carried down for many generations. 

3. Krazy Karl's Pizza

Krazy Karl's is a Fort Collins classic. They have consistently been voted “Best Pizza” for Best of CSU for the past three years, they have a 5-star pizza rating by Feasting Ft. Collins and a "10/10 Would Eat Again" rating by me (my rating is super official okay).  If you’re a broke college student craving pizza, Krazy Karl’s has you covered with their deals such as “Beat the Clock” where you pay the price of the time you call between 5–8 p.m. or “Triple Tuesday” where you can get three pizzas for a great price. Not only is this a pizza joint but they also provide creative salads, delicious garlic knots, wings, and great craft beers. Plus, during happy hour on Monday’s, it’s $1 off all drafts and 33¢ boneless wings such as mango habanero or chipotle cranberry. It's the ultimate guilty pleasure. For me, what makes Krazy Karl's pizza stand out from the rest is their cream cheese balls, perfectly browned on top. So go ahead and zoom in on both the cream cheese and your friend’s face when they take their first bite of heaven. It’s a moment you’ll definitely want on video. 

4. The Downtown Artery

Downtown Artery is located on the corner of Linden Street, a block down from Old Town Square. When you walk in you'll realize it’s more than just a restaurant — it’s a place to eat, an art gallery, and a music venue all in one. I didn’t get the chance to see the second floor during my experience, but apparently, this place is also home to 16 studio rental spaces, another gallery with an attached bar, and three Air BnB rooms. Every first Friday of the month, the Downtown Artery provides free live music for all to come and watch. They are also part of the Fort Collins Gallery Walk on the first Friday of every month (p.s. they often offer free beer during this event!) When I went here, I absolutely loved the environment of grabbing a bite to eat while listening to the vibrant jazz music and observing all the local art throughout. Make sure you mark your calendars for a Friday and charge your phone because your gonna want to video it all. 

5. La Creperie & Bakery of Fort Collins

La Creperie & Bakery of Fort Collins is another restaurant where you’ll forget you’re in FoCo as it completely transports you to France. Just make sure to swing by the bank before or use their ATM because they only accept cash. For the ultimate picture, order the French Breakfast and get ready to snap the beautiful masterpiece (no filter needed). I speak from personal experience when I say —you’ll get at least eight friends messaging you with heart eyes asking where you’re at. It’s like being snap-famous for 24 hours, it’s great. This restaurant also includes a bakery with colorful macarons, freshly made pastries, and other scrumptious homemade sweets.

6. Cafe Vino

Cafe Vino is a charming little place, located on S. College. What stood out to me at this restaurant was their super inventive European-inspired entrees utilizing local ingredients. With daily specials such as strawberry créme brûlée french toast, fresno chile cilantro-rubbed Colorado lamb, or fennel and citrus marinated tiger shrimp...you will definitely be sneaking a picture of the specials board when you walk in. Also, be sure to stop by for their bottomless mimosas on Saturdays and Sundays for brunch. The environment of Cafe Vino is both relaxed and very modern. It would be the perfect place to host a party, grab brunch, or go out for a fancy dinner. All I can say is get ready for your taste buds to be amazed!