Bakar The Cafe is a newly opened cafe in Hudson lane. It’s a cute little place that’s just a few minutes walk away from the GTB Nagar Metro Station. With black and yellow walls that have loads and loads of graffiti and quotation picture frames, this place has a very comfortable and relaxing ambiance. The hanging lights and the little tables just add to all the level of chill!

But what attracts one the most is their food menu which has a lot of interesting preparations including some of our favorite dishes with a twist (because we all live for for maggi and momos, right?)

There is no reason why you should not visit this place. But if reasons are what you are looking for, here are six of them why you just cannot miss Bakar The Cafe:

1. Welcoming and Special Staff

Bakar

Photo by Bhavya Bansal

The waiter at Bakar is a specially-abled boy who will greet and serve you with his exultant smile. They have slates which will help you interact with your server. The experience that you have there is great and the service quite smooth.

2. Everyone’s Favorite: Maggi and Momos

Bakar

Photo by Bhavya Bansal

They have all quirky combinations of maggi and momos. Being a maggi fan, we got so excited when we looked at their menu and saw the varieties of maggi they had. Be it Maggi Garlic Mayo or Maggi Mexican Salsa, they all caught our attention, but being butter chicken lovers, we ordered Maggi Butter Chicken and it was oh-so-good. The little chunks of chicken did magic in the mouth. We also had Maggi Alfredo which, as the name suggests, was so very cheesy.

Bakar

Photo by Bhavya Bansal

Who doesn’t love momos? We’ve all had the regular momos, it’s time you try some of the momos that they have, including Mushroom Momos, Patato Perogies Momos, Mix Veg Momos, Mutton Momos(actually, all of them). They have Momos platters for the days when you cannot choose any one favorite and want to gorge on them all.

3. Not Your Average Beverage

Bakar

Photo by Bhavya Bansal

Some of the beverages on the menu just stand apart. For example, the Strawberry Cold Coffee (yes, one can easily get attracted by the name) was such an extraordinary blend of strawberry and coffee. We also ordered a Lemon and Mint Detox which was very refreshing on the hot summer day.

4. Didn’t We Already Mention? Food

Bakar

Photo by Bhavya Bansal

They also serve pancakes, salads, sandwiches and eggs. Their Bakar Special Bhasad will get you drooling as it is a preparation that gives you half fried eggs, sunny side up, fried egg bhurji and cheese(yes all of this) on one plate …drooling aren’t you?. Baker The Cafe is one place you can rely on the days when you need breakfast at any time of the day.

5. Started By Our Very Own ‘Delhi Street Food King’

Bakar

Photo by Bhavya Bansal

Mr. Anubhav Sapra (a.k.a. The King of Street Food) along with his two friends went on a trip to Dharamkot, Himachal Pradesh. There they went on a cafe hopping spree and were fascinated by how those cafes offered food like maggi and momos made in different and off-beat preparations. This gave them the inspiration to open a cafe that would serve similar off-beat dishes to us in Delhi. Woah!

6. Its Super Affordability

Bakar

Photo by Bhavya Bansal

The place is not at all heavy on the pocket. All the dishes here are very affordable and reasonably priced. It’s just the place to be whether or not you’re running out of your pocket money.