One of Worcester’s hidden gems, NU Café is becoming more and more popular among HC students. Not only is NU a great study spot, but their food is amazing.  The menu is massive which usually causes severe anxiety, but you literally cannot go wrong with anything you order. If you’re torn, check out some of our favorites:

1. Bacon Egg and Cheese

NU Café

Photo by Grace Yienger

Being from New York, one of my favorite weekend delicacies is a BEC. It is hard to find good bagels up here in Worcester, but NU café just knows how to do it right.

2. Honey Goat Avocado Sandwich

NU Café

Photo courtesy of Joshua V. on Yelp

Heaven on a plate is an understatement. This sandwich is literally mouth-watering. The combination of avo, goat cheese, and eggs on a warm, toasty ciabatta initially made me skeptical, but now, there’s no going back.

3. Any Coffee or Smoothie

NU Café

Photo by Christin Urso

NU knows how to do coffee. Sometimes I think I might like it even more than InHouse (a bold statement, I know). Try a white chocolate iced latté next time you find yourself there – you’ll thank me later.

4. Pesto Chicken Flatbread Sandwich

NU Café

Photo courtesy of Thao L. on Yelp

No words, just feels.

5. Shanghai Chicken Wrap

NU Café

Photo by Christina Nee

Perfect combination of spicy, but not too spicy. My go to for lunch every single time.

6. Mayan Quinoa bowl

NU Café

Photo by Kate Tormey

If you’re a health nut, the quinoa bowl is probably your best bet.  Our favorite is the Mayan bowl with roasted sweet potato, fresh avocado, shredded carrots and scallions with a sweet peanut sauce. I could literally go on and on about the sauce but you should just try it and see for yourself.

If you haven’t been to NU yet, you literally haven’t lived and need to visit as soon as possible. The atmosphere is welcoming and homey – which is perfect when you need a little change of scenery from Dinand. With the great atmosphere, reasonable prices and wicked good food, NU Café is definitely one of the best places to eat in Worcester – no doubt.