Fall officially started two weeks ago, so it's about time to get your fix of fall favorites— pumpkin, butternut squash, and apple flavored anything. The best part of this seasonal fall menu change is reminiscing about childhood Halloween movies, caramel apples, and hay rides through pumpkin patches. If the closest you can get is a pumpkin spice latte, that's not too bad. 

1. Pumpkin Pancakes

sweet, butter, pancake, cookie, dairy product, chocolate, pastry, bread, cake, candy
Allie Fenwick

Sure, pumpkin bread is delicious, but have you ever had pumpkin pancakes? You can find the seasonal pancakes at iHop, and probably at a local breakfast spot. The Lincoln Tavern in South Boston offers chocolate pumpkin pancakes with cream cheese frosting, which puts an irresistible twist on the classic. 

2. Butternut Squash Soup 

squash, carrot, pumpkin, parsley, cream, soup, bisque, butternut squash soup, butternut
Julia Gilman

One of the more popular fall menu items, butternut squash soup is easy to find. It's also the perfect cure for those chilly autumn days, or when you're coming down with a cold. Juice Press, with many locations throughout Massachusetts, does Butternut Squash right, with the perfect balance of creamy and thick. If you're without a Juice Press, Panera's version of the soup is a great second option. 

3. Pumpkin or Butternut Squash Ravioli

fish, meat, vegetable, parsley, seafood, dairy product, cheese
Becca Miller

Regular ravioli is to die for, but when it starts getting colder outside that just won't do. Mix up your pasta dish by adding one of these fall vegetables. The North End restaurants have numerous options for these fall menu pasta dishes, but if that won't do Whole Food's usually has this option in their hot food bar.

4. Pumpkin Ice Cream

cream, milk, dairy product, chocolate, sweet, ice, coffee, goody, whipped cream
Luna Zhang

For the warm fall days when it's not quite cold enough for a jacket, but you still want a taste of fall pumpkin ice cream is the perfect go to. White Mountain Creamery in Chestnut Hill, MA, offers a pumpkin ice cream that is perfectly pumpkin and perfectly spiced. Many ice cream brands also come out with a pumpkin flavor during the fall season. 

5. Spaghetti Squash

vegetable, cheese, sweet
Lora Maghen

For a lighter alternative to pasta, or to take advantage of an in season vegetable, spaghetti squash is the way to go. More restaurants tend to offer it during fall season, and it's actually not that hard to make at home. It's time consuming, but doable. 

6. Apple Cider Donuts

apple, cinnamon, doughnut, chocolate, cider
Margaret Weinberg

A personal favorite that seems to take over Instagram during the fall season to be paired with the photos from a visit to a local orchard, are a favorite for a reason. Grocery stores tend to have these in their baked goods section, but the really good ones are homemade at local orchards. And, 10/10 recommend to get them when they're hot. 

7. Pumpkin Spice Latte

coffee, espresso, milk, cappuccino, chocolate, cream, sweet
Kristine Mahan

And no... not the Starbucks one (well, those are pretty good). I'm talking about the pumpkin-flavored coffee drinks that can be found at any coffee shop. Yeah, Starbucks did it first, but other types aren't bad at all. 

8. Apple and Pumpkin Pie

sweet, pumpkin

A timeless classic (even before the ever so popular PSL hit the markets). You can never go wrong with one of these two, especially around Thanksgiving time. Almost all restaurants pull out a pumpkin pie or apple pie dessert around this time of year, so keep your eyes peeled because you're sure to find one of these pies around. 

Eat up! Before you know it, it'll be winter. Although, that does mean a whole new seasonal menu...