As schools are beginning to start up for the fall (or not!), students are slowly starting to see each other again. Meanwhile, some restaurants are reopening their doors. Still, there is no reason why you should feel like you need to eat at a restaurant that is only offering indoor seating. For those who feel more comfortable eating in a safe, outdoor space, here is a list of the 6 best restaurants in ATL with outdoor dining - as well as amazing food. 

#1. EATaliano Kitchen

Amazing Italian food (I mean, look at that pizza!), with a spacious outdoor patio location equipped with TVs always playing live sports games. What more could you want from an outdoor dining experience?

#2. Desi Spice Indian Cuisine

An Indian food restaurant with an outside terrace that overlooks the Midtown Promenade. You'll keep coming back for the naan. 

#3. Bar Mercado

Located at Krog Street Market (the best food hall in Atlanta...yes over expensive Ponce), Bar Mercado has everything from tapas to empanadas to a decadent tres leches cake for dessert. 

#4. Ladybird Grove & Mess Hall

Here you can find an outdoor dining experience that's actually inspired by the outdoors! With a campfire-themed menu, you can find food like smoked wings, baby back ribs, and a backyard barbecue board. It's the perfect way to pretend that quarantine doesn't exist and you're just eating outside for fun.

#5. Table & Main

Come here for an upscale southern dining experience: you can find fried okra, shrimp 'n grits, and peach cobbler, all while seated in a cozy cottage (or on the porch of the cottage to follow outdoor dining restrictions).  

#6. Hattie B's Hot Chicken

Look, Hattie B's is a classic for a reason. There will always be a long line, but it's all worth it for their chicken. Get it in the form of breasts, legs, wings, sandwiches, or tenders. And don't forget about their typical southern sides! It's an Atlanta must-have, and that's no different in a pandemic. 

Just because some restaurants are beginning to allow indoor dining doesn't mean you should feel obligated to eat indoors! There are plenty of Atlanta restaurants that have outdoor dining, as well as great food. So the next time you don't feel like cooking, try one of these 6 outdoor dining spots instead.