Lawrence is a city full local shopping, dining, and culture. You won't pass many Starbucks driving around town (only two stand alone storefronts in the city), making free WiFi more difficult to come by.  Lucky for you we've rounded up some of the best cafés that offer so much more than free WiFi. 

Z's Divine Espresso

chocolate, mocha, milk, espresso, cappuccino, coffee
Nikita Gandhi

Z's is a local chain with three locations throughout Lawrence.  Each location offers a cozy and inviting space that is perfect for getting work done or catching up with a friend.  Z's also roasts and sells their coffee beans, something worth checking out if you're a coffee lover.  Their menu includes a range of classics and specialties (freebird anyone?) that will make a visit worth your while. 

T. Loft

berry, strawberry, smoothie
Allie Hicks

A healthy alternative to your typical coffeehouse or café, T. Loft offers a variety of fresh food and beverages.  Their drink menu boasts a variety of fresh juices such as Brainberry and Warrior Juice along with smoothies and protein shakes.  If you need a pick-me-up, no worries. They have a cold brew that is to die for, served straight up or with sweeteners of your choice.  Additionally, they have a full menu of meal bowls, scramble bowls, and salads made with fresh ingredients and gluten-free to fuel your body for the ultimate study session!  

Aimee's Coffeehouse

beer, wine
Brittany Baumli

Aimee's is equally parts coffeehouse as it is café.  They have an extensive coffee menu any the option to customize any drink with a variety of flavors.  Pair any drink with a bite to eat as Aimee's serves an assortment of breakfast items, sandwiches, salads, and soups - there's something for everyone.  The menu, free WiFi, and cozy environment all make for a perfect location for you and your friends to study.  

Alchemy

chicken, sauce
Delaney Borders

Famous for their cold brew, Alchemy  Coffee and Bake House  is a local treat.  Alchemy has a hipster vibe and offers coffee in a quaint and welcoming environment. My personal favorite is the compound, a perfect blend of their cold brew and dark chocolate almond milk.  If coffee isn't your thing, try some of their handmade treats.  Alchemy is serving up everything from muffins and pie to fresh breakfast sandwiches.  Be sure to arrive early - parking and tables can be difficult to snag! 

Henry's 

coffee, tea
Brittany Baumli

A coffee shop downstairs and a bar upstairs makes for a unique location. They offer speciality drinks throughout the year that make visiting often worth it.  Both floors provide a warm and welcoming atmosphere that's perfect for catching up on some work or with a friend.  While people may be around, the noise level never seems overwhelming, which is the perfect ambiance for those who dislike the sound of silence. 

The Scone Lady's Coffee

milk, espresso, cappuccino, coffee
Nikita Gandhi

The Scone Lady's Coffee is a hidden gem in Lawrence.  Tucked away off Bob Billings, this café offers the perfect environment for those seeking a quiet space to study.  There's plenty of seating, an open atmosphere, and friendly staff.  As the name states, they serve fresh scones, and other goodies, all baked in house.  Plus, they have daily specials, because who doesn't love $1.50 scones or a free shot of espresso?  Added bonus, they have a second location in the Lawrence Public Library, if that's your study scene. 

Try one or try them all.  You're bound to find the perfect hangout or a new favorite drink.  If not, at least the wifi is free.