The Hamptons have, by far, some of the most breathtaking views in the country, and I’m beyond blessed to have been raised here. Many people assume that the posh Hamptons towns are dedicated to the party and clubbing lifestyle like many movies, books and magazines make it out to be. This is actually the complete opposite for the local restaurants that take pride in their locations beauty and the quality of food they are providing.

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @whalebonecreative on Instagram

The just-caught fish, seafood and farm fresh vegetables give you a taste of what The Hamptons heritage is all about. These are a few places that I really have grown to appreciate for an excellent meal or cocktail with an outrageous view that will make you appreciate your time spent in the area.

1. Wolffer Estate Vineyard (Sagaponack)

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @wollferwine on Instagram

Wollfer is located in Sagaponack, which is right in the middle of Bridgehampton and East Hampton villages. On Friday nights during the summer, the vineyard provides live music featuring talented singers such as Nancy Atlas. This location provides a killer atmosphere for a Friday evening date night, time with friends, or a family outing.

The sunset overlooking the vineyard is a truly remarkable view that never disappoints. Although Wolffer doesn’t offer meals, they have delicious assorted cheese plates and local Wolffer vineyard wine. It’s the ideal happy hour spot for some “Summer in A Bottle” Hamptons rosé.

2. The Montauket (Montauk)

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @cgsearles on Instagram

The Montauket is a unique place tucked away on the cliffs of Montauk, right outside the village. Although it looks like a complete dive from the outside, the view is insanely gorgeous. Many tourists would never even know the Montauket existed unless a local were to tell them about what a treasure it truly is.

One particular comment on TripAdvisor that completely sums up this location is, “Flip Flops or Ferarri, all are welcome.” Live music, sunsets overlooking the calm bay, cocktails and food, seclusion. What could be better?

3. East Hampton Point (East Hampton)

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @easthamptonpoint on Instagram

East Hampton Point is a restaurant, hotel and marina hidden on the outskirts of East Hampton with an incredible view. Not many places allow you to dock your boat and hop off for music, outrageously tasty food and cocktails.

Inside of this restaurant is a beautiful sailboat right next to the bar making the views from the inside just as satisfying. East Hampton Point overlooks Three Mile Harbor making it one of the best views in The Hamptons.

4. Harbor Bistro (East Hampton)

Hamptons

Photo by Ricki Slater

Springs, a hamlet in East Hampton, is on the rise for the restaurant industry. Harbor Bistro is located right next to East Hampton Point, but offers an even more low-key vibe. The restaurant is also right on a marina so many customers come from right off a boat.

Dressing casually is totally acceptable and adds to the chill environment. Enjoy the seared sesame tuna and the steamed-local little neck clams while watching the sunset between the idle boats in the quaint marina.

5. The Harvest on Fort Pond (Montauk)

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @harvestonfortpond on Instagram

Family-style eating at it’s finest. The Harvest on Fort Pond offers a unique twist to your dining experience because they serve all their dishes in large quantities for the whole group to share. The Harvest sits right on Fort Pond and has a dock that’s available for customers to walk out on and feed the carp swimming underneath.

There is outside seating in an area that looks like a simple garden and the sun shines brightly through the high reeds lining the pond. A Montauk must-try before a night out.

6. Gosman’s Restaurant (Montauk)

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of @gosmans_montauk on Instagram

Montauk never fails to give you some positive vibes and great scenery. Gosman’s has been a favorite for decades making it a place full of character. This establishment has both outdoor and indoor seating. In either dining area you’re able to watch fishing and recreational boats come in through the harbor because the restaurant sits right on the inlet.

The seafood is the freshest of the fresh because it literally comes right from the fishing boats that you see pass by. If you ever want to know exactly where your seafood is coming from when you dine at most Hampton’s restaurants, go to Gosman’s.

Hamptons

Photo courtesy of roundswampfarm.com

Who would have thought that just 3 hours east of New York City lies untouched farm land, the bay, the ocean and a bunch of people living off the food our land and sea provide?