The freshman fifteen never seems real until you wake up one morning and realize that your favorite pair of Nike shorts shrunk three sizes. I’m here to tell you, it’s not the shorts. Fear not—there’s a new shop in town that may save you from those unwanted pounds. Here are five ways the Northgate Juice Joint can help prevent that dreaded freshman fifteen.

1. It’s healthy.

Northgate juice joint

Photo by Sarah Klaus

Simple, but true. There are undeniable benefits that juicing, if done properly, can have for your body. It offers a more efficient way to absorb nutrients, provides more vitamins than regular juices, and can contribute to a well-balanced diet. Rather than your usual coffee shop, try drinking juice.

2. It’s more than just healthy.

Northgate juice joint

Photo by Sarah Klaus

Northgate Juice Joint prides itself in using pesticide-free produce so you won’t take any unknown chemicals into your body. They specifically use the “Clean Fifteen,” fifteen fruits and vegetables which require the least amount of chemicals to grow. Not only that, but their supplies are local so the natural vitamins and minerals are preserved.

3. It’s the hangover helper.

Northgate juice joint

Photo by Sarah Klaus

Thirsty Thursdays always seems like a good idea until Friday morning, when you’re waking up for your 8 am with a pounding headache and a twisting stomach. Rather than eating something greasy and drinking copious amounts of coffee, try the Hangover Helper. It’s filled with vitamins and liquid to rehydrate and pull you from your alcohol-induced haze.

4. It’s close to campus.

Northgate juice joint

Photo by Sarah Klaus

Located just across University from Hullabaloo Hall, Northgate Juice Joint is close enough to campus to walk. In fact, it’s close enough to replace your daily Starbucks. Not only will you save money usually spent on all of those eleven-dollar triple half-calf Americanos, but you’ll get in a little exercise. Take some time out of your day and invest in your health.

5. It’s delicious.

Northgate juice joint

Photo by Sarah Klaus

Those mid-study cravings could be your fatal flaw, or they could be the opportunity for a delicious and healthy snack. With drink options like their apple cobbler and banana cream pie smoothies, you won’t have to worry about leaving unsatisfied. If even these do not sate your deepest snacking needs, the shop is unveiling a new food menu in the next couple of weeks.

Not convinced by these gorgeous pictures or those delicious-sounding names? I guess you’ll have to go see for yourself. Check out Northgate Juice Joint on University. Trust me, this is way better than those cookies you snuck out of the dining hall.

Check out these other smoothie-related articles: