Making a name for yourself in the restaurant business is no piece of cake. So when these women make it seem easy, (especially in an industry traditionally dominated by men) success tastes pretty sweet. If you feel like showing some love to the sisterhood, you've come to the right place. Listed below are 5 restaurants in San Diego that are proudly run by women. Spoiler alert: they're some of the most impressive food spots in the city. 

#1.) Holsem Coffee

Olivia Hunt

If you're not one to shy away from a strong (and insanely creative) cup of coffee, Holsem Coffee may become your new favorite hang-out spot. This contemporary coffee shop is co-owned by Bay Area native Salpi Sleiman, and its chic marble countertops and minimalist vibes make for a cool, relaxing environment. Pictured below is the "Colada"--made with coconut cream and topped with toasted coconut. By the way, all coffee and food options are fair trade and ethically sourced. What's not to love? 

#2.) Le Parfait Paris 

Olivia Hunt

In the mood for an original treat? With French savoir-faire, Ludi Mas and her husband, Guillaume Ryon, founded the extremely colorful and successful Le Parfait Paris. They've opened locations in the Gaslamp Quarter, Liberty Public Market, and Fashion Valley Mall, and their desserts are just as unique as they are mouthwatering. Don't believe me? Check out this white chocolate egg (filled with vanilla mascarpone, blueberries, raspberries, and itty-bitty marshmallows)!

#3.) Shakespeare's Corner Shoppe

Olivia Hunt

It's 3 o'clock somewhere! Shakespeare's Corner Shoppe is the perfect place to go during tea time--or anytime really! Founded by Surrey native, Selina, the "shoppe" boasts an incredible assortment of specialty teas, savory sandwiches, and sweet scones. This imaginative cafe is also known for hosting themed afternoon teas with bites inspired by popular movies and TV shows (Harry Potter and Outlander have been themes in the past!). All in all, this gem of a cafe will truly give you the royal treatment. 

#4.) Nekter Juice Bar

Olivia Hunt

Healthy food should not have to sacrifice taste, and Nekter Juice Bar will satisfy your sweet tooth in the most guilt-free way. We all know that San Diego (and California, for that matter) definitely isn't lacking in the acai bowl department. Alexis Schulze's wholesome and delicious juice bar, however, stands out from the crowd. As evidence of its success, the chain has plans to open 300 locations by 2021. 

#5.) Holy Matcha

Olivia Hunt

As San Diego's first matcha cafe, Holy Matcha has quickly become a North Park icon since its creation by Geraldine Ridaura two years ago. Its Instagram-worthy decor and too-pretty-to-eat bites have attracted a loyal following. With its recent expansion to East Village, it's sure to gain even more well-deserved popularity. 

So next time you're out and about San Diego, show some love to female bosses! You can't go wrong with any of these 5 restaurants in San Diego that are proudly run by women. The restaurant owners have worked hard for their success and popularity, and there's no shortage of reasons to support the sisterhood--especially when you can get some amazing food out of it!