Makai Poké Co. came to Hoboken earlier this year, and I still strongly believe that it's the best thing that ever happened to the Stevens community. Easily accessible, raw fish, matched with fresh rice and vegetables; it quickly became my most frequented restaurant this summer. However, I realized that even though I have Makai at least once a week, many of my classmates still ask me what it is and where I got it. So: here are the top 5 reasons you need to try Makai today! 

It's healthy!

Originally a Hawaiian dish, Poké has been around for a long, long time. The benefits of raw fish are well known: omega-3 acids, minerals, calcium, vitamin D, folic acid, and antioxidants. You won't have to feel guilty about splurging on this nutritious meal!

There's something for everyone!

Although the menu originally started as either the Poké bowl or sushi burrito, Makai has expanded to offer soup specials, sushi, Asian drinks, noodles, and the list keeps growing!  

Quick and simple!

Makai serves customers with the familiar, "Chipotle model" assembly line style, where you can pick and choose between bases, meats, veggies, sauces, and toppings. Over the summer, I would bring my summer camp students in HUGE groups (I'm talking 40, 50 students) and all of them were served in 30 minutes, without prior notification (I am still so sorry). It goes to show that the staff is really quick and really great!

It's SO picture perfect!

From the food to the neon sign, Makai is so beautiful and perfect for all your #aesthetic and #inspiration pictures. Even their Instagram page is #goals!

You can save as a Stevens student!

Truthfully, the cost never stopped me from buying a bowl at Makai. Shedding a single tear, I'd hand over 12 dollars for my meal. But now, Stevens students can save 10% off AND start up a point card! For every 10 bowls, the 11th one is free!

Hope you are less intimidated about trying Poke. If you're not a fish person, sometimes they have chicken and tofu! Maybe I'll see you at Makai soon!