The hottest thing out there right now are meal kits inspired by chefs and delivered to your door. Well, there’s one in Austin now and it’s called Gourmet by Numbers. Their motto is “It’s as easy as 1-2-3,” and here’s 5 reasons why those are words have never been more true:

1. They feature a seasonal and local menu.

Gourmet by Numbers

Photo courtesy of gourmetbynumbers.com

Gourmet by Numbers offers a number of delicious recipes with ingredients that are fresh, in season and for the most part, grown locally and organically. This month’s dishes include Chipotle Vegetable Posole, Sweet Chili Trout with Cilantro-Lime Rice and Broccoli, Beef and Broccoli with Napa Cabbage Salad and many more.

2. They’re environmentally friendly.

Gourmet by Numbers

Photo courtesy of gourmetbynumbers.com

Gourmet by Numbers uses local Austin farms to source their ingredients. Ingredients are hand-picked each week and delivered to your door with limited to no waste. And guess what? All of the cups and bags that the ingredients are packaged in are recyclable, even the ingredient labels.

3. They understand portion sizes.

Gourmet by Numbers

Photo courtesy of gourmetbynumbers.com

The issue with eating out these days is the gigantic portions served at restaurants, but fear not because Gourmet by Numbers gives you the exact portion size you need. If you’re cooking for yourself, you can order a single portion. Cooking for two? Get exactly two portions of the dish. Family of 4? You’ll get 4 portions in one meal kit. Enjoy all of the flavor of a restaurant meal without any of the guilt.

4. It’s easy.

Gourmet by Numbers

Photo courtesy of gourmetbynumbers.com

Gourmet by Numbers offers a simple approach to preparing these dishes. All you have to do is go online, and pick out a dish you want and how many people you’re serving. Gourmet by Numbers then packages a fresh meal kit with all of the ingredients needed to make the dish (minus water, salt and pepper), tells you exactly what equipment you’ll need and gives you the directions with steps labeled by numbers. They’ll deliver all of this straight to your door so that you can cook the meal that day. Just follow the numbers and you’ll have a delicious, gourmet meal in no time.

Make sure they deliver to your area first by going to their website and entering your zip code. Alternatively, they also have a store-front where you can pick up your items.

5. It tastes great.

Gourmet by Numbers

Photo courtesy of gourmetbynumbers.com

These meals aren’t just some bland, buttered-noodles type of dishes. They’re created by real chefs and contain all of the flavor you find in an actual restaurant. To prove it to you, I cooked the Sweet Chili Trout with Cilantro-Lime Rice and Broccoli, and trust me, I ain’t no chef.

My Experience with Gourmet by Numbers:

All of the ingredients arrived at my door in a small, insulated Gourmet by Numbers lunch bag. Inside, the ingredients were perfectly portioned, labeled with exactly what they were and even the step in which the ingredient was used.

Gourmet by Numbers

Photo by Jackie Fu

When I got to cooking, the recipe and ingredients were incredibly easy to follow. After going through the recipe step-by-step (about 35-40 minutes later), I was finally able to taste it. It was amazing. It was so easy to cook, yet so flavorful. Was it the recipe? Or was it my incredible cooking skills?

Gourmet by Numbers

Photo by Jackie Fu

It was definitely the recipe.

10 out of 10, I would definitely order again, and you should too.