Graduation is a special time and after four hard years of work, you deserve a special dinner. This is the perfect time to explore all the upscale restaurants off campus that you couldn’t afford to go to on your own. Here are the top 5 restaurants to head to for your graduation meal.

1. Lucca Ristorante

If you’re looking to stay in Oakland for your after graduation meal, check out Lucca Ristorante on South Craig Street. Whether you plan on enjoying lunch or dinner, Lucca has amazing Tuscan inspired dishes to satisfy your whole family.

With a Ravioli of the day and a selection of hearty salads, Lucca has something for everyone. We personally recommend the sea scallops served with roasted potatoes and a tomato basil salad. Yum.

graduation

Photo courtsey of pghcitypaper.com

2. Coca Café

Open until 5 pm, this delicious brunch/lunch spot is great for graduation weekend. Just a quick drive from Oakland, this adorable café is located on Butler Street in Pittsburgh’s hipster haven of Lawrenceville. Situated near a lot of great boutiques and coffee shops, the typical weekend brunch wait at Coca will sail by quickly if you stroll down Butler.

Sweet options like the challah French toast with melted Brie, fig jam and fresh berries allow you to satisfy your sweet tooth. If you’re looking for a savory option, order one of the many omelets, like our favorite with smoked salmon and goat cheese.

graduation

Photo courtesy of www.coca-cafe.net

3. Casbah

Located nearby Oakland in Pittsburgh’s East Liberty neighborhood, Casbah will absolutely blow your mind. The restaurant’s cuisine is Mediterranean style using local ingredients.

The atmosphere here is fabulous, boasting a large covered outdoor patio with perfect lighting, and the selection of wines and craft cocktails is unmatchable. Start off your meal with the crispy calamari. You won’t regret it.

graduation

Photo courtesy of pittsburghmagazine.com

4. Meat and Potatoes

Boasting convenient hours that include brunch, lunch and dinner on the weekends, Meat and Potatoes is perfect for a weekend where timing can be complicated. Calling itself Pittsburgh’s first gastropub, Meat and Potatoes embodies that spirit exactly.

With beautiful furnishings, ambient lighting and gorgeous craft cocktails, this place meets every aesthetic need, but it certainly doesn’t fall short in the food department. The meat-filled menu hosts a variety of dishes creating unique flavor combinations.

graduation

Photo courtesy of meatandpotatoespgh.com

5. Salt of the Earth

If you’re looking for vegan and vegetarian options, this is your spot. The clearly labeled options at Salt of the Earth make it easy to know what’s safe for your diet and what’s not.

Many vegetarian options can be made vegan by the chef—just ask! The vegan options, like their tofu lettuce wrap with pickled vegetables, peanut sauce, cilantro and hot sauce, will make you happy to show this place off to your family.

graduation

Photo courtesy of saltpgh.com

More ‘Burgh Eats: