Oxford, Mississippi is home to many wonderful things. Ole Miss is one, the food is another. Oxford has many local restaurants and we’re proud to say that it’s just in Ox. While we were sad to have to say goodbye to friends for the summer, it was a little harder to have to say goodbye to your favorite Oxford restaurants. So here is a list of the ones we’ll miss the most.

1. El Mariachi

restaurants

Photo courtesy of visitoxfordms.com

The food and the atmosphere is what we miss the most about this place. A large cheese dip is always necessary when you go. Trust me, it’s the bomb.com. Oh and we can’t forget the waiters! Shout out to Enrique, you the best. (I could really go for some chicken, cheese and rice right now :/)

2. Soulshine Pizza Factory 

restaurants

Photo courtesy of Soulshine Pizza Factory

Depending on when you go, you’ll probably have to wait for a table but trust me it’s all worth it. A good family friendly restruant in the Square, you’ll see a mix of college students and families there. Their calzones and ooey gooey cheese and garlic breadsticks are to die for. Ugh, we miss you, Soulshine!!!!

3. Ajax

restaurants

Photo courtesy of oxfordcitizen.com

Talk about good southern at home soul food. Enough said. It’ll hold a special place in our heart and we miss it. From the cornbread, to mac and cheese, to chicken fried steak, we all have a reason for why we love Ajax.

4. Insomnia Cookies

restaurants

Photo courtesy of Hottytoddy.com

It not necessarily a restaurant, but you can eat inside. I guess I’ll say its a non-traditional restaurant. Nothing I miss more than ordering cookies at 1 am from Insomnia and them still being hot when delivered. Still questioning what I’m gonna do with my midnight cookiewich cravings every night :(((. Talk about a blessing sent from above.

5. Casa Mexicana 

restaurants

Photo courtesy of visitoxfordms.com

Most of us who love Casa were drawn in by the outside of it. You’ll find me here probably all the time. Cheap Mexican food is amazing and this is the place to be. The last place I ate in Oxford before going home was Casa Mexicana. It’s a fan favorite here.

Did your favorite make the cut? We’ll miss them so much but distance makes the heart grow fonder, right? We are all ready to be back in Oxford with our favorite restaurant!