I grew up in Nashville, so I am no stranger to all of the incredible dining options. But, narrowing down your choices for a short trip can be so difficult! After taking a friend home for her first time in Nashville, I’ve compiled a list of my five absolute favorite spots that you must include in your next weekend getaway.

The Twelve Thirty Club

While a little on the pricier side, this restaurant is the perfect place for a nice dinner, and it’s right in the middle of Broadway! Owned by Justin Timberlake, The Twelve Thirty Club is so undeniably Nashville. We were able to sit in the Honky Tonk, and the live music just amplified the already decadent food. I had the salmon in the most incredible lemon butter sauce, complete with corn salsa and green beans, which I will definitely be reordering next time I am in town. After enjoying your meal, make sure to walk upstairs to the rooftop bar to enjoy the fabulous views out onto Broadway!

Margaret Rencher

The Pfunky Griddle

The Pfunky Griddle was a long-time favorite of my high school friends, and it really is the ultimate brunch spot! At this somewhat unconventional spot tucked away in Berry Hill, everything is DIY. You order the eggs, pancake batter, toppings, and whatever else you’re feeling and make it yourself at the griddle on the table! They have a pretty diverse menu, so it’s so easy to craft your perfect breakfast. Not only is the food delicious, but it’s also a fantastic opportunity to have fun and bond with friends in a really great area of Nashville!

White Limozeen

This is definitely a very touristy destination, but it is well worth the hype! The entire property is inspired by Dolly Parton, making it breathtaking and perfect for pictures. It’s the perfect fun and glamorous spot to share with friends. My only critique is that the menu is pretty small, especially if you are a pickier eater, but nevertheless, the food is just as well put together and incredible as the restaurant’s decor. My friend and I decided to split the truffle fries, trout fritters, and salmon tartar, and each dish was an absolute must-try!

Love Peace & Pho

For a more casual night, Love Peace & Pho is a great option located really close to downtown, and it’s locally owned by the sweetest Vietnamese couple. All of their noodles are made in-house, and they are always so generous with the spices and herbs that make their pho so aromatic and decadent. Their portion sizes are also huge! To complement your meal, this spot also has the most incredible iced bubble teas that come in almost any flavor imaginable.

Margaret Rencher

Edley’s Bar-B-Que

I’ve been going to Edley’s since I was little, and it has never once disappointed me! Nashville obviously has lots of great barbeque spots, and Edley’s always delivers the most decadent food, without having to spend your entire vacation budget. Their hot chicken tacos are my all-time favorite, and their brisket is always smoked to perfection if you’re looking for something more traditional. Edley’s has multiple locations, but the one on 12 South is my go-to since there are so many other fun things to do around there as well.

Margaret Rencher

Nashville’s culinary scene is so diverse and fun that it really is difficult to find a bad restaurant, and narrowing down the extensive list of favorites I have accumulated was no easy task. These five incredible spots are certain to complete the perfect trip!