Everyone has those days when they just want to inhale a large slice of pizza or ‘pie’. But whether you like thin crust, thick crust, minimal or heavy toppings, there are some great places near the UW that will satisfy your different needs. Here is a list just for those who are in the mood for a slice of happiness.

1. MOD Pizza

UW

Photo Courtesy of @kaat_wood on Instagram

MOD Pizza is a popular pizza chain started by a couple right here in Seattle. What many people love about this place is that they really allow you to personalize your own pizza. You can choose from various ingredients of meats, cheeses, veggies and sauces, or when your feeling lazy and want your pizza now, you can choose from the tasty combos already styled for you.

I recommend the fan favorites ‘Dillion James’ for the veggie-friendly and the ‘Jasper’ for spicy sausage lovers. Just take one bite and you are sure to feel the power of MOD.

2. Delfino’s Chicago Style Pizza

UW

Photo courtesy of @soybunny on Instagram

Sometimes thin crust can make you feel cheated on the amount of toppings. This is totally understandable if you love your pizza with lots of everything. Surprisingly, the University Village has just the place for those who love a chunky Chicago style (deep dish) pizza stuffed with love, marinara, and of course an army of cheese.

The deep dish pizza will force you to get messy with all the hearty fillings just dripping from this huge slice of pie. Holding a slice = basically lifting weights. So if you use a fork and knife for this hearty pizza, no one will be judging you, rather they will be encouraging you to.

3. Pizza Pi Vegan Pizzeria

UW

Photo courtesy of @itsallenpalin

This place is amazing not just for pizza lovers but also for those with food allergies and other dietary restrictions. Is it gluten free? Check. Lactose or dairy free? Check. Animal friendly? Check! What more could one ask for? Plus they have a good variety of faux meats that pepperoni and sausage lovers will greatly enjoy.

No longer will the gluten or lactose intolerant be starved from a good pizza. Have no fear the right pizza place is HERE!

4. Mioposto

UW

Courtesy of @Mioposto on Instagram

Mioposto is a place that serves an amazing mix of wood-fired traditional pizzas, like prosciutto and arugula, (above) and also non-traditional ones like, egg and pancetta pizza and the juicy clam bake pizza.

The crust they serve here is nice and crunchy on the outside and perfectly chewy inside. Eating it will make you feel like you’re sitting next to a fire place at a fancy ski resort. That’s how good it is.

Although it’s more on the expensive side, it’s a given with the quality ingredients they use. But don’t be afraid to visit, because they have a late Happy Hour from 9 pm to midnight with cheap drinks and $6 pepperoni or Margherita pizzas (pre-dinner sized)!

Now you can thank me.

5. Northlake Tavern & Pizza

UW

Photo courtesy of @miraco16 on Instagram

Last but not least is Northlake Tavern & Pizza. Southwest of the UW campus, near the scenic water, it carries its own special pizza style known as the Northlake style.

They give generously on toppings, so ONE slice here is basically a meal. Each pizza literally brims with fresh and juicy ingredients that it’s hard to even see the crust. This is real comfort food at its finest. And if you don’t know what to order try the popular favorite combo pizza (above), or the flavorful zesty chicken pizza.

Now what are you waiting for? Go out there with confidence and grab a pie!