Spring has arrived. Now that Lawrence weather is starting to be at its best, sunshine and fresh air mixed with great food is what everyone loves and needs. Here are five places in Lawrence with great outdoor seating that every student and local should try.

1. The Oread

outdoor lawrence restaurants

Photo by Alli Wilson

First on the list is the unofficial symbol of Lawrence: The Oread. The building itself has a unique and fun atmosphere, but the food is even more excellent. While enjoying the giant nachos (trust me, they are heaven) or a $5 happy-hour drink from Birddog, it’s a perfect location and is very relaxing. Here’s something else the Oread offers: a rooftop. Yes, a whole rooftop that you can dine on. When it is available, it is so fun to have dinner up there as the sun sets and the whole view below reminds you of how unique and beautiful Lawrence is.

2. Milton’s

outdoor lawrence restaurants

Photo by Alli Wilson

Want a place right on Mass Street and has a great patio for a morning coffee or breakfast? Milton’s is that place. For a warm Saturday brunch or an early weekday breakfast, Milton’s has a fantastic atmosphere outside to eat a tasty omelet or delicious French toast.

3. Cielito Lindo Mexican Restaurant

outdoor lawrence restaurants

Photo by Alli Wilson

Everyone’s got to get their Mexican food fix. Why not eat outside at Cielito? The big, open patio is a perfect environment for cheese or bean dip, along with their Gold margarita for a hot Lawrence day.

4. Hank’s Charcuterie

outdoor lawrence restaurants

Photo courtesy of Hank’s Charcuterie on Facebook

Not many people have heard of this restaurant, but the rumor going around is this is one of Lawrence’s best. Hank’s is a very chic but old fashioned style restaurant. Since it is a charcuterie, it has a great smoky aroma that makes the vibe even more unique. The outdoor seating is perfect for a Bacon Bloody Mary (yum) or a Whiskey Blackberry Julep (double yum).

5. Dempsey’s

outdoor lawrence restaurants

Photo by Alli Wilson

Last but never least, is Dempsey’s. Burgers, burgers and more burgers. This hip and casual spot is perfect for enjoying all types from black bean to Hawaiian burgers. Dempsey’s also has great outdoor seating because the sun doesn’t shine right on the patio. It is just enough so you can enjoy your meal along with truffle or sweet potato fries and many beer options.