Freshers is a distant memory that you’ll never really remember, raisin has passed you by in a blur, halloween is looming and you find yourself with very little to look forward to (aside from that all-important coursework you love so much). Don’t worry, we know how it feels and are here to help. Here are 5 of the very best deadline survival tips we can give you; where to get that late night cup of joe.

Note: since the sun sets at 4 pm in Scotland, we consider anything after that to be deserving of the title “late”.

1. Taste

Taste has arguably the best coffee in town, and stays open until 10 pm everyday. Their flat white is the perfect treat to get you hyped to complete that impending deadline. They also have some of the best croissants in town, and we all deserve a little #brainfood when we need to stay up working.

late-night

2. Bean Room

Probably an atmosphere more suited to the planning stages of that essay or report you know you have to start. Bean Room is the perfect place to avoid your over-prepared classmates who you just don’t want to bump into too close to a due date. So maybe it isn’t your go-to hangout, but it’s never unbearably busy and very reasonably priced. They have wifi, coffee, and comfy chairs – what more could you want? Open until 8 pm from Monday to Friday.

late-night

GIF courtesy of wifflegif.com

3. Rector’s Café

Rector’s is a surprising favorite of mine. It’s great because it’s open late and not too loud or stressful. It’s a place to kick back, relax, and calmly get around to finishing that coursework. The coffee’s not the best, but the atmosphere makes up for it. Open until 9 pm from Monday to Thursday.

late-night

GIF courtesy of tumblr.com

4. Starbucks

It may be mainstream and a little bit basic, but what can you do when the panic hits? You know it can do the job, and when you’re short for time you can’t afford to be picky. They’re only open until 8 pm though so maybe get an extra shot if you’re really on struggle street.

late-night

5. The Library Cafe

Time is running out and you have no where else to go. Or perhaps you’re just harbouring a fear of leaving the library in case you find yourself never coming back? We’ve all been there, no judgment. Being exposed to those horrible bright lights for over 8 hours can really do damage to a person. This one’s open until 8 pm from Monday to Friday. However, for those lucky enough to be in the library past that point, there’s always the coffee vending machine…

late-night

GIF courtesy of buzzfeed.com

Good luck, and just remember, coffee loves you.