To get in the spirit, here are some all ages events happening around Philadelphia during the holiday season. Of course, they involve food and you can enjoy these activities on a limited budget.

1.. Blue Cross Riverrink Winterfest

What: An ice skating rink, with a cabin with food and drinks, as well as other options to eat. You can even reserve a cabin for a private experience!

Where: 101 South Columbus Blvd (Penn's Landing)

When: Now-March 5th. Open every day.

Cost: Free for general admission, $3 for skating admission, and $10 to rent skates. Get more info here.

2. Philadelphia Christmas Village

What: An outdoor Christmas market with over 80 different booths. You can buy homemade gifts, as well as seasonal foods and treats.

Where: 1400 JFK Blvd (Surrounding City Hall)

When: Now-December 24th

Cost: Free! Head to their website for more information. 

3. Franklin Square Holiday Festival 

What: A huge light show surrounding the Franklin Fountain, plus other activities like mini golf, a train ride, and a carousel. And of course, food and drinks.

Where: Franklin Square 

When: Now-December 31st

Cost: Admission to the light show is free, but additional activities and food are pay as you go. Learn more here.

4. Reading Terminal Holiday Railroad

What: A working train display with over 17 running trains. Plus, you have an endless possibility of food choices in the terminal!

Where: Reading Terminal (51 N 12th Street)

When: Now-December 31st

Cost: Free

5. Macy's Christmas Light Show

What: A light show in the store, as well as a Christmas Village on the third floor. Although there is no food involved, Macy's is located in the center of Center City, surrounded by endless possibilities of places to eat. 

Where: Macy's in the Wanamaker Building (1300 Market Street)

When: Now-December 31st

Cost: Free. Get more info here.

This is a great way to entertain family and friends that are visiting, as well as enjoyment for yourself! Head to these events for some Philly winter fun, they will be sure to put you in the holiday spirit.