Vermont is very popular this time of year.  There’s apple picking, nature walks, and getting in that last hike before winter.  There’s so much happening this fall, but these are the amazing October events that you can’t miss.

1. Doughnut Dilemma Open House

Burlington Foodie

Photo courtesy of doughnutdilemma.com

On October 16th from 2:30- 5:30 head over to Doughnut Dilemma.  There will be games and delicious doughnuts, obviously. At this event you can even see how doughnuts are made.

2. Cheese Making Tour & Tasting at Shelburne Farms

Burlington Foodie

Photo courtesy of Shelburnefarms.com

Have a great time at Shelburne farms on October 17th from 12pm-3pm. Shelburne farms will show you the cheese making process step-by-step.  Start with the adorable cow and end with the tasty cheese.

3. Feel Good’s 17 Hour Deli

Burlington Foodie

Photo courtesy of hercampus.com

Feel Good is doing a 17-hour deli to represent the 17 global goals for sustainable development that the United Nations signed a couple of weeks ago.  The Deli will start October 29 at night and end the next day at 3 pm. Also, you’ll be able to taste the Spoon U sammie at this event.

4. ArtsRiot Homebrew Night: Harvest

Burlington Foodie

Photo courtesy of Facebook.com

On Thursday, October 22 at 7:30 head down to ArtsRiot and sample beers from all the local brewers.  Home brewers provide samples of their brews and chat with folks about the process of creating your own brew.

5. Burlington’s Farmers Market

Burlington Foodie

Photo courtesy of tour.airstreamlife.com

The farmers Market Provides a venue for locals and visitors to shop directly with local farmers and artisans.  This farmers market is open every Saturday, but catch it before it is not outside anymore.