When politicians from all over the country come to DC, they try to find a little bit of their hometowns on the Hill. This contributes to DC’s incredibly diverse food scene and now you can try all of these DC favorites. So, channel your inner Guy Fieri and try these delectable joints for yourself.

1. Golden Brown Delicious

DC

Photo by Mithila Samak

Golden Brown Delicious, or GBD, is serving up mouth-watering homemade doughnuts made-to-order any time of the day. Whether you’re strolling in on a Saturday morning or coming in at midnight on a Friday, they fry these bad boys fresh. Don’t forget to try their other homemade goodies like their biscuits and fried chicken.

2. Kramer’s Cafe

DC

Photo courtesy of seriouseats.com

Open 24 hours on Friday and Saturday, this late-night hot spot is perfect for a great slice of pie and a new book to read. Kramer’s Cafe started as a small hipster book shop that slowly turned into a charming dive for tasty eats.

Stumble in for some of their signature pastas after a night of drinking or grab a seat and read a book with one of their famous Cuban sandwiches.

3. District Taco

DC

Photo courtesy of Washingtonpost.com

This small taco restaurant is perfect for in-and-out dining. Grab your favorite tacos and add as much salsa as you’d like. Don’t forget to pick up a bottle of Jarritos while you’re there.

4. Pizzeria Paradiso

DC

Photo courtesy of Pizzeria Paradiso

With two DC locations, Pizzeria Paradiso is a must-try. Grab one of their classics, or create a pizza of your own. Don’t skip out on dessert, either. Their tiramisu is the perfect amount of bitter and sweet.

5. Steak ‘N Egg

DC

Photo courtesy of chow.com

An American University favorite, this diner is cooking up some of your favorite breakfast food. Open 24 hours, this place is a great choice after a night of drinking. Their breakfast sandwiches are incredibly cheap and filling, so make sure you grab one to cure you hangover on Sunday morning.

Dive into more food joints with these scrumptious articles: