Since I started working at Georgetown Cupcake three years ago, I’ve fielded a huge variety of questions about our cupcakes. One of the most common: which one is the best?

Of course, that answer depends 100% on who it is you might ask, but it would make it a lot easier on everyone if we had some sort of consensus. I set out to interview my fellow employees to see if we could collectively make our customers’ decision-making process just a tiny bit easier.

To make sure I was gathering my data from the most experienced of taste buds, I asked four of the employees who’ve worked at Georgetown Cupcake the longest which cupcake they can never get enough of—and, of course, offered my own favorite picks as well.

1. Anjana: Employee for 3.5 Years

Georgetown Cupcake

Photo by Zoe Gavil

Cookies and Cream Cheesecake

What is it? This cupcake is an actual cheesecake (we have different cheesecakes every month) infused with Oreo cookies and topped with an Oreo buttercream frosting.

When is it offered? January and April.

Why does she love it? She raves, “It’s the perfect amount of cheesecake for one person to eat,” and also claims that the Oreo crust at the bottom of the cupcake is the most delicious part. Anjana prefers this cupcake cold, rather than room-temperature. Unlike the rest of our cupcakes, which would dry out when refrigerated, she actually recommends that you refrigerate this one if you aren’t going to eat it right away.

Runner-ups: Anjana’s second choice cupcake is our Vegan Apple Cinnamon. She encourages customers not to write off this cupcake just because of its dairy-free title. It’s baked with an apple sauce base in place of milk, which means it’s a moister cake and is packed with apple pie flavor. She also loves the soy cream cheese frosting because it helps balance the sweetness of the cupcake base.

2. Lauren: Employee for 5 Years

Georgetown Cupcake

Photo by Zoe Gavil

Salted Caramel

What is it? Salted Caramel is a caramel cupcake with a salted caramel-infused buttercream frosting and a caramel drizzle on top.

When is it offered? It’s one of our flavors that rotates daily, so look out for it on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

Why does she love it? Lauren loves “how the cake is a little crunchy on top with baked caramel on the inside.” That texture combined with the rich caramel flavors in the frosting make it her #1 cupcake of choice.

Runner-ups: Lauren’s other go-to flavors include Vanilla Birthday, Strawberry, Blueberry Cheesecake and any of the various maple flavors we offer in November.

3. David: Employee for 5 Years

Georgetown Cupcake

Photo by Zoe Gavil

Tie Between: Chocolate Salted Caramel and Lava Fudge

David broke the rule of picking just one flavor and couldn’t quite decide between Chocolate Salted Caramel and Lava Fudge.

What are they? The Chocolate Salted Caramel is a chocolate cake filled with a caramel core and topped with salted caramel buttercream frosting and a caramel drizzle. The Lava Fudge is also a chocolate cake, but has a vanilla cream cheese frosting and an added gooey fudge core.

When are they offered? Check out the schedule here.

Why does he love them? David loves the Lava Fudge because of the decadent fudge core that he thinks compliments the cream cheese frosting perfectly. He calls it “a hyped up, better version of our Chocolate and Vanilla cupcake.” When it comes to the Chocolate Salted Caramel, he challenges Lauren’s cupcake of choice: he calls the Chocolate Salted Caramel the “cooler, sexier younger brother of Salted Caramel.”  David thinks the moist chocolate cake balances the intense caramel flavors in the core and in the frosting.

4. Nick: Employee for 3 Years

Georgetown Cupcake

Photo by Zoe Gavil

Peanut Butter Fudge

What is it? Peanut Butter Fudge is a chocolate cupcake with a fudge core topped with peanut butter frosting and a fudge drizzle.

When is it offered? Lucky for us, this cupcake is offered daily.

Why does he like it? Nick says it’s simply the perfect balance of chocolate and peanut butter flavors. He prefers this cupcake when it’s fresh out of the oven, since the chocolate cake is warm and the fudge filling literally melts in your mouth. While the fudge center is definitely a winning feature of this one, Nick’s favorite part is the peanut butter frosting.

Runner-ups: Nick’s second choice cupcakes include Salted Caramel and Blueberry Cheesecake (which backs up both Lauren and my favorite flavors).

5. Me (Zoe): Employee for 3 Years

Georgetown Cupcake

Photo by Zoe Gavil

Blueberry Cheesecake

What is it? This cupcake is a blueberry cheesecake with a graham cracker crust, topped with vanilla frosting.

When is it offered? The cupcake is around for the rest of August and will come back next July.

Why do I love it? Picking just one favorite flavor was difficult for me, but I decided on Blueberry Cheesecake for its crunchy graham cracker base and the whole blueberries that burst in your mouth while you’re eating it. The cream cheese frosting also adds an extra kick of sweetness.

I knew this cupcake was one to rave about because I rarely enjoy fruit-flavored desserts, and yet, I can’t get enough of this cheesecake. Like Anjana’s note about the Cookies and Cream Cheesecake, this one tastes best when it’s cold, but honestly, I could eat this cupcake in any state.

Runner-ups: My other favorites are Milk Chocolate Birthday and Cookies and Cream. Both of these cupcakes just hit the spot, with buttercream frosting and a strong chocolatey flavor. Our milk chocolate frosting is, in my opinion, the best frosting we offer, but how could you ever go wrong with chunks of Oreo cookies in your cupcake?

It looks like a favorite flavor consensus is off the books for now, but maybe that just means you’ll have to settle for more than one.

Visit us at Georgetown Cupcake Bethesda, and let us know what you think about our choices!