Valentine’s Day is all about being sweet to your sweet—but there’s more to it than just chocolate. Here are some low-price desserts that you can find around Boca Raton to satisfy that Cupid-induced sweet tooth:

1. Frozen Yogurt at 16 Handles

The weekend is so close, we can almost taste it. Photo credit: @twogalsoneplate #??

A photo posted by 16 Handles (@16handles) on

Price: $0.52/oz.
Distance from main campus: 1 mile
1400 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431

If you’re looking for a light, and even sort of healthy dessert, look no further than 16 Handles. Besides offering 16 different flavors (as their name suggests) that rotate seasonally, the customizing options are endless with the help of the shop’s toppings barJust across the road from campus in the University Commons Plaza, 16 Handles is the perfect date spot for students who are walking or biking. The shop even offers a cup divider insert — perfect for sharing. 

2. Ice Cream Sundaes at Sloan’s Ice Cream

Price: Varies
Distance from main campus: 1.99 miles
Mizner Park, 329 Plaza Real, Boca Raton, FL 33432

If you’re into more traditional ice cream — not this low-cal froyo, but the rich, old school ice cream slathered with whipped cream and maraschino cherries — then Sloan’s is for you. Located in Mizner and approximately a mile from campus, this ice cream shop is pink, frilly and eclectic — a perfect hidden gem for a date. Their menu includes ice cream sundaes, smoothies, chocolate and baked goods that are certain to satisfy any sweet tooth.

3. Banana spring rolls at P.F. Chang’s

?banana and caramel spring rolls and coconut and pineapple ice cream #pfchangs #dessert #datenight

A photo posted by Amanda (@amanda_couldnt_have) on

Price: $6.95
Distance from main campus: 1 mile
1400 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431

If you’re looking for a place to eat on Valentine’s Day, P.F. Chang’s should definitely be on the list — if not for their delicious savory meals, but for their multiple dessert options. One of the most popular desserts on the menu is the Banana Spring Rolls, which consists of six warm, crispy bites of banana served with coconut-pineapple ice cream and drizzled with caramel and vanilla sauces. This delicious dessert is full of flavor and taste — a perfect way to end a flavorful dinner.

4. Cheesecake at The Cheesecake Factory

Which cheesecake is on your menu today? Comment below! #Cheesecake #Chocolate #Dessert #Yummy

A photo posted by The Cheesecake Factory (@cheesecakefactory) on

Price: $7.95/slice
Distance from main campus: 2.21 miles
5530 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431

If you really want to go classic with desserts this weekend, another considerable option can be smooth, creamy cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. Located about two miles from campus near the Town Center Mall, this could be a place where you can just stop by and get dessert or make an entire meal out of it.

A perk of the Cheesecake Factory, besides being romantic, is that splitting a dish will fill you up and leave your wallet with room to play. Whether you like original cheesecake or prefer something more adventurous, such as the Oreo dream extreme cheesecake, want just a slice or the entire cake, this place has something for everyone. Even if you don’t like cheesecake, in which case their chocolate layer cake paired with a cappucino will do the trick.

5. Pastries at Côté France Café

My favorite Boca treats! When in France…

A photo posted by Becka Masterson (@mrsmasterson27) on

Price: $4.60/pastry
Distance from main campus: 2.07 miles
100 Plaza Real South, Boca Raton, FL 33432

If you are looking for pastries to surprise that special someone or a café to eat and relax at on Valentine’s Day, this is a great place to consider. This tiny French bakery is located approximately two miles from campus, and is home to pastries, éclairs, tarts and napoleons.

And if you still don’t know where to go: