West Chester University is surrounded by a bustling borough filled to the brim with opportunities for an amazing, on-the-go breakfast that requires almost no effort. I’ve been a commuter at WCU for the past year, and I wanted to share a few of my few of my favorite places to grab breakfast before class (in no particular order).

1. Curbies Catering Carts, Inc.

commuter

courtesy of @curbies_wcu on instagram

Curbies Catering Carts, Inc., better known to WCU students as simply “Curbies,” is my personal go-to for an awesome breakfast sandwich. They serve up everything from bagels to pork roll to french toast sticks, and keep the prices at a minimum for students. One of the unique offerings on their menu is the famous “Curbie-cino,” a blended coffee concoction that’s affordable and delicious.

The best part? They serve breakfast all day. ALL. DAY.

commuter

2. Country Bagel

commuter

Photo courtesy of Country Bagel on Facebook

On any given day, Country Bagel has over 24 different types of freshly-made bagels to enjoy, a larger selection than the campus Einstein’s by far, and a ton of different cream cheeses. They also have two different locations, one in the heart of town and one on High street, so it’s super easy to get there.

My top pick: bacon, egg, and cheese sandwich on a cheese bagel. Delish.

commuter

GIF courtesy of giphy.com

3. The LUNCHBOX Food Truck

The Lunchbox is by far the busiest food truck on campus. There’s always a crowd of people waiting earnestly for their number to be called, but the line moves fast. The Lunchbox offers a variety of breakfast sandwiches on different breads, bagels, and croissants, and the coffee is always hot.

commuter

Photo courtesy of Michael B. on foursquare.com

4. Yori’s Bakery

If you have a sweet tooth, Yori’s Bakery is the place to be. They have tons of fresh-baked pastries to munch on for breakfast, along with cupcakes, cookies, pies, and bread. It’s almost impossible to pick a favorite at Yori’s, but I usually get a cinnamon bun or a donut (pictured below) because they’re warm and dripping in frosting.

commuter

Photo courtesy of Yori’s Church Street Bakery on Facebook

5. La Baguette Magique

La Baguette Magique is a hidden treasure in the middle of the borough that serves affordable, delicious french pastries. The dough is buttery and soft, a sign of a skilled and trained chef, and the coffee is delicious. They even carry Peloton Cold Brew Coffee, a modern twist on iced coffee that is made to be served cold.

commuter

Photo courtesy of La Baguette Magique on yelp.com

If you’re a commuter at WCU, the options for an awesome, tasty breakfast are endless. And you never have to wait in line at the campus Einstein’s ever again (*praise*).

commuter