It can be pretty hard to find something to eat in those one-hour gaps in between classes, especially since just walking to and from a restaurant will end up using the majority of your time. And sometimes, you’re not even that hungry — you just want some snacks to satisfy a craving without cutting into your wallet.

The next time you get the urge for food when pressed for time, try one of these places. All of them are within 5 minutes from the edge of campus and cost $3.50 or less.

1. Hot dogs from Top Dog

snacks

Photo by Irene Kim

Top Dog is a Berkeley classic, and what many people tend to forget is that those piping hot sausages coming off the grill taste just as good for lunch on a Wednesday afternoon as they do at 1 AM during a night out with your friends.

2. Half-dozen falafel basket from Sunrise Deli

snacks

Photo by Irene Kim

For just $3.50, you get 6 giant pieces of falafel with a side of hummus. They’re fried to perfection with a nice crispy shell that gives way to a well-seasoned, fluffy interior. Plus, Sunrise Deli is right across the street from the Student Union on Bancroft, making it a quick snack stop for even a half-hour break.

3. Chicken fried rice from Chinese Express

snacks

Photo by Jocelyn Hsu

The fried rice at Chinese Express manages to hit the holy trinity of college dining: It’s cheap, it’s delicious, and it’s a giant serving of food. While this article might say “snacks,” this dish is definitely enough for a full meal.

#SpoonTip: Chinese Express doesn’t accept cards, so don’t forget to bring cash!

4. Tacos from Tacos Sinaloa

snacks

Photo by Irene Kim

The newest restaurant on this list, Tacos Sinaloa is also the furthest away from campus, although it’s only 3 blocks out instead of 2. Nevertheless, don’t let that discourage you because Tacos Sinaloa offers $2 tacos that are deceptively filling and bursting with flavor. They even come with free sides like pickled radishes and jalapeños.

So next time you’re craving a delicious snack between your classes, make sure to stop by one of these places!