Whether you plan to spend your day with your significant other or in bed watching romantic comedies and pouting, sweets are an essential part of Valentine’s Day. Nothing says “I love you” like a gift of a red and pink dessert. And nothing says “I’m single” like eating the same red and pink dessert at home with a box of tissues.

With the limited time and energy we have as college students, picking up a treat is much easier than baking one ourselves. Check out these four Atlanta dessert spots that all offer a special way for you to say “I love you” (or drown your single sorrows) this February 14th.

Cacao Atlanta Chocolate Company

valentine's day atlanta

Photo by Madison Mounty

Head over to the Virginia Highlands to pick up special Champagne ganache chocolates covered in shaved raspberries. Even though it is not baked only for Valentine’s Day, try out the chocolate cake, too. I promise it is worth the calories.

valentine's day atlanta

Photo by Madison Mounty

Godiva

You can’t go wrong gifting Belgian chocolate. So head to Buckhead and pick up a heart-shaped box filled with truffles. If truffles aren’t your thing, still try out Godiva because there is bound to be something for you among all of their delicious offerings.

Ali’s Cookies

If you don’t have a car, or just don’t want to travel far, this is the perfect spot for you to pick up a Valentine’s Day dessert. Order a Valentine’s Day-themed cookie cake and have it personalized for your special someone.

Sprinkles

valentine's day atlanta

Photo by Madison Mounty

For those of you who love cupcakes as much as I do, order in advance and head over to Sprinkles in Buckhead to pick up Valentine’s Day-themed cupcakes. With cute decorations like “Be Mine” and “XOXO,” these are sure to be a hit. Because they have vegan and gluten-free cupcake offerings, there will definitely be something that will work for you.

valentine's day atlanta

Photo by Madison Mounty