froyo, frozen yogurt, ice cream, summer, desserts, columbus, ohio

photo by Caroline OBrien

Photo by Caroline OBrien

As summer temperatures increase, so does the need for a cold and delicious treat. You’ve guessed it, Froyo! Being a Columbus native for the last three years, I’ve tried my fair share of ice cream as well as frozen yogurt in the area. We all know of the splendid ice cream of Jeni’s and the wide variety of Graeter’s but what about the local frozen yogurt shops of the 614? There is one frozen yogurt shop that has stood out since 2012 and that is 39 Below Froyo. This modern and artistic frozen yogurt shop is run by none other than Carolyn Maloney. Carolyn not only serves up a mean froyo milkshake, grants your cookie dough and candy topping wishes, but she always displays local artwork from colleges all around Columbus for purchase. This charming little gem is tucked away in the historical district of Olde Towne East, found at 85 Parsons ave.

Photo by Caroline OBrien

At 39 Below Froyo, your vegan needs are met with flavors like raspberry, mango, and pomegranate sorbets. However, if you are not vegan, you can choose from other delicious flavors like dirt cake, Nutella, the famous honey greek, and more. The atmosphere of this little froyo shop is like no other here in Columbus. We all lead busy lives and try to get a froyo fix in here and there but, Carolyn makes sure that you are over the moon with your choice of dessert at the end of the day (or during your lunch break, whatever floats your boat). There’s obviously more than one reason to swing by 39 Below Froyo, I won’t give it all away but let’s just say there’s chalkboard involved.