Sometimes it’s hard for others to admit that their school or campus isn’t perfect. The nightlife scene could be boring, the campus could be huge, or the people could just suck in general. Here at Miami, we have none of those problems.

The small college town atmosphere is the perfect place to be an undergraduate and celebrate youth. The unique, mouthwatering foods in Uptown Oxford are our pride and joy. Here are the ones that you must try before you leave, and the ones you’ll want to keep on ordering once you give ’em a shot.

1. Crunch and Munch at Bagel & Deli Shop

Oxford Meals

Photo by Lauryn Lahr

Bagel & Deli is one of the most famous Miami hotspots. They’ve been providing steamed bagels, subs, and smiles to Oxford since 1975.

The one menu item that you’ll hear being ordered one after the other (especially at 2 am) is the Crunch and Munch. This bagel concoction consists of turkey, smoked cheddar, lettuce, honey mustard, parmesan peppercorn, and chips. Yes, you did read that correctly.

Once they’re done putting all of the ingredients on your bagel, the staff at Bagel & Deli opens a bag of chips of your choosing, crumbles them on top of the other ingredients, closes up the bagel, and hands you the bag with the remaining chips inside. It’s a win-win for everyone. Even if it doesn’t sound appealing to you, you’ve got to try this sandwich at least once in your life.

2. Margherita Lavosh at Quarter Barrel Brewery and Pub

Oxford Meals

Photo courtesy of foodspotting.com

The lavosh served at QB is a mix between flatbread and pizza. The most popular lavosh is the Margherita, consisting of tomato, basil, mozzarella, and a whole lot of love put on top of it. Check out a review here.

I recommend going with at least one other person, otherwise you’ll definitely finish a whole one by yourself, and maybe even feel guilty for a bit. But that guilt will be well worth it once you know the happiness that Quarter Barrel’s Margherita lavosh brings to your life.

3. Mac and Joe Cheese Bites at Mac and Joe’s

Oxford Meals

Photo by Lauryn Lahr

Mac & Joe’s is the perfect spot to go to when you’re on the hunt for somewhere to watch the game and eat quality food. The menu is laden with bar food fan favorites like burgers, onion rings, and even salads for those who prefer veggie options.

The real star of the show is the Mac & Joe Cheese Bites. These little nuggets are cooked with a beautifully golden, crisp exterior that hold the Holy Grail within: mac and cheese. Once you take your first bite it’s simply too much to handle. You may never be the same again, but the Mac & Joe Cheese Bites made you a better version of yourself.

Let’s face it, who doesn’t hate walking Uptown to get dinner when you could settle for a Lean Cuisine and some Netflix instead? But making the trek and trying these three Oxford meals is definitely worth it.

If this food looks dank but you can’t make it Uptown, check out some other articles that will make you salivate: