Whether you’re a visitor or native of DC The Washingtonian’s list of the “100 Very Best Restaurants” is the go to when looking where to eat.

Although the list is very prestigious, it is also limited as well. Out of the thousands of restaurants in DC, only 100 made the cut. I have tried very close to a majority of these restaurants, some without a doubt deserving their place on the list, and some I have left me questioning how they were placed even close to the top 100.

Along with these “Top 100” restaurants, I’ve also explored some places not on the list, however, places that are still very deserving of the ranking. Here are a list of three great restaurants, with cuisines, ambiances, and pricings that range across the board.

Cafe Milano

3 great Restaurants

Photo courtesy of cafemilano.com

This traditional Italian restaurant is the definition of fine dining. The waiters are perfectly trained and cater to your every wish. I have heard rumors of congressmen, the Washington Capitols Players, and even President Obama himself dining here. The food, however, is to die for.

Although it can get a little pricy, with pasta dishes upward of $20, it is worth every penny. It is the most flavorful and decadent food, everything you could dream of in an Italian restaurant. So if you have a special occasion to celebrate, your parents are in town and they’re paying, or you just really want to treat yourself to a delicious Italian meal, Café Milano is hands down the best in the district.

Perry’s

3 great Restaurants

Photo courtesy of perrysam.com

Ever since I arrived in DC about a year ago, I have been searching for a great sushi place— a place that is a little more upscale than Nooshi but a little less pricey than Kaz. This summer I finally found it! This place, located up in Adams Morgan has some of the best, most fresh sushi in town.

The menu is extensive, carrying the basics of Japanese cuisine, but also features some amazing specialty items that have a fun twist! I would definitely recommend the red dragon roll. The restaurant also has a rooftop terrace to eat on, with strung lights hanging above you and a wonderful view of the whole surrounding area.

Malmaison

3 great Restaurants

Photo courtesy of Sareena Merchant

Whether you want to brunch, sit down and do some work on your laptop while getting a coffee and dessert or stop by for a quick juice after your run along in Georgetown, this place is the perfect environment for all three. Located slightly past the Georgetown waterfront under the K Street Bridge, this retro little restaurant features an upscale warehouse vibe.

This restaurant is the perfect place to both brunch and relax at the same time. During the week it has a coffee shop vibe, only offering their café, lunch, and dinner menu, but on the weekends you can find big parties out for birthday, bridal shower, or celebratory brunches. The side section with their juice and coffee bar also offers visitors to just pop in for a quick snack to take with them as they walk through Georgetown.

Whether you’re craving decadent upscale Italian food, a good, reliable sushi staple, or a perfect café to both relax or brunch in, The Washingtonian definitely missed out on informing its readers of some of the best places DC has to offer.