Have you ever looked at your boring vanilla soft serve and just wished you were eating something a little more exciting? Well lucky for you, you’re not alone. We decided to help you out and find some of the craziest, coolest, extravagant, and outright over-the-top ice cream shops in the world.

While these are only some of the most over-the-top ice cream shops out there, they’re no doubt worthy enough to be on this list.

1. Sweet Jesus – Toronto, Ontario

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @fooddiva_toronto on Instagram

Why get regular soft serve when you can get a pimped out cone? These over-the-top concoctions range from Birthday Cake Cone to Campfire S’mores and to Krusty the Cone. These cones are so decadent that you will probably leave on a serious sugar high.

If soft serve isn’t your thing, be sure to check out their paletas or even their lattes. Their other options are just as creative as their cones. Needless to say, we now understand why this Canadian shop is called Sweet Jesus.

2. Serendipity 3 – NYC & Las Vegas

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @jewelsbygrace on Instagram

Ever wondered what it would be like to eat like a king? We’re pretty sure eating Serendipity’s Golden Opulence Sundae would be just like that.

Listed in Guinness World Records as the most expensive sundae in the world at a price of $1,000, it’s topped with 23k edible gold. This sundae requires special ingredients from different parts of the world, so make sure to call them 48 hours in advance to request your very own. If shelling out $1,000 on ice cream isn’t your thing, don’t worry. They have other delicious (and cheaper) options too.

3. Black Tap – NYC

ice cream

Photos courtesy of @blacktapnyc on Instagram

If you haven’t heard about Black Tap’s insane milkshakes, you’ve most likely been living under a rock. These over-the-top milkshakes are taking New York by storm.

Want your dentist to hate you? Try the Candy Milkshake. Want a little booze with your shake? Check out their Hard Root Beer Float. Is it your birthday? Try the Birthday Cake Milkshake.

4. Play J Ice Cream Truck – NYC

ice cream

Photo by Jed Egan for Grub Street

While it may be somewhat embarrassing to eat this cone, the concept behind it is actually quite genius. The j shape prevents your ice cream from dripping and making a miserable sticky mess.

5. Cow Tipping Creamery – Austin, Texas

ice cream

Photo courtesy of stilettostampede.org

There’s nothing better than some cold soft serve on a hot day. Now add in delicious and unique topping combinations, and you have a Cow Tipping Creamery creation.

Cow Tipping Creamery serves up “Stackers,” which are their own version of a sundae made in layers. They do this so you can experience the ingredients in every bite, from top to bottom.

6. Modern Toilet – Taipei, Taiwan

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @totheend on Instagram

If you’re looking for a different dining experience, Modern Toilet is right up your alley. Instead of using traditional ice cream cones or bowls, they use miniature toilet bowls. Eating shit has never tasted so good.

7. 10Below Ice Cream – NYC

ice cream

Photo courtesy of 10Below Ice Cream

When most people think of ice cream, they think of scoops. 10Below Ice Cream likes to go against norms and serve it Thai style, in rolls.

After choosing one of their fun flavors, such as I Love You a Latte, S’mores Galore, or #BAEsic, they dump liquid cream onto a really really cold plate. The cream forms a thin layer, which they then scrape and chop to form it into the ingenious ice cream rolls.

8. N2 Extreme Gelato – Sydney & Melbourne, Australia

ice cream

Photo courtesy of sydney.com

N2 Extreme Gelato gets its name by serving up an array of unique gelato options, such as Brokeback MomentMurray Mango Sorbet, and even Kat on Krack, all made with liquid nitrogen.

While some of you may be wondering if that’s toxic, don’t worry. It’s completely safe! Liquid nitrogen boils off once it comes into contact anything warmer than itself, so you and your gelato will be just fine.

If their creative presentation and delicious gelato isn’t enough for you, then maybe their inventive environment will seal the deal. This imaginative gelateria is decorated as a mad scientist’s lab, and it’s only fitting that their staff wears lab coats and goggles. Their menu changes frequently, so you’ll never be bored with their flavors.

9. Lawson – Hawaii, China, Thailand, Indonesia, & Japan

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @imanjellyka on Instagram

Lawson isn’t some fancy ice cream shop that takes a lot of time to meticulously make and decorate their black ice cream, it’s just a convenience store. However, they do serve Bamboo Charcoal ice cream and that’s pretty cool. Even though it apparently tastes like regular vanilla soft serve, it would still be interesting to try. You can’t say you do that too often, especially from a convenience store.

10. CREAM – California, Florida, & Nevada

ice cream

Photo courtesy of @stirandstyle on Instagram

CREAM brings a whole different meaning to “Taco Tuesday.” With the ability to choose three ice cream flavors and two different toppings, their ice cream tacos blow Klondike’s Choco Tacos out of the water.

CREAM doesn’t just make Choco Tacos on steroids, but also specializes in ice cream sandwiches and sundaes. With 20 ice cream flavors and 15 different toppings, you can make the sundae of a lifetime.

11. Ice Cream City – Tokyo, Japan

ice cream

Photo courtesy of cravedujour.com

If you’re searching for the world’s weirdest ice cream, you’ve picked the right place. However, weird is kind of an understatement since Ice Cream City serves up flavors, such as eel, shark, tulip, and ramen.

Just as a heads up, Ice Cream City has changed their name quite a bit, but don’t worry! Whether or not that’s still the name, there’s still an ice cream parlor (in the same place as Ice Cream City) with ridiculously weird options in the Namjatown Amusement Park.

12. Tipsy Scoop – New York, Maryland, & Massachusetts

ice cream

Photo courtesy of blog.goldbely.com

If ice cream is the first thing you reach for when you’re upset, then you’re going to love Tipsy Scoop ice cream. This liquor-infused ice cream is perfect for any celebration, any break up, or (let’s be honest) any moment when you want to eat ice cream, but also want to get a little boozy.

What better way to spend your night than snacking on some Spiked Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream? Tipsy Scoop even serves up delicious boozy ice cream cakes for those special occasions.

#SpoonTip: You must be 21 or older to purchase and consume Tipsy Scoop ice cream.

13. GLAMAIR – Taipei, Taiwan

ice cream

Photo courtesy of 貪吃里昂 on Flickr.com

Want to eat something both gorgeous and delicious? Then you’ve come to the right place. While GLAMAIR serves up different types of regular ice cream, its Cloud Ice Cream is definitely its most popular. Topped with layers of wispy multi-colored cotton candy and some liquid nitrogen (because why not?), this dessert is sure to be a crowd pleaser.

14. Giapo Haute Ice Cream – Auckland, New Zealand

ice cream

Photo by Julia D’Agostino

Giapo Haute Ice Cream is known for its decadent ice cream flavors and lavish toppings. Eating Giapo will make you feel kinda bad not only because of the delicious calorie count, but because you’ll feel like you’re eating a piece of art.

If that’s not enough for you, New Zealand’s reputation for dairy products is one of the best in the world, so the ice cream underneath all the decoration is hard to beat even when it’s topping-less. As a result, you’ll find yourself coming back more often than is probably acceptable.

15. Drip Ice Cream – Oregon

ice cream

Photo courtesy of dripicecream.bandcamp.com

If you’re looking for a different experience out of your ice cream, you’ve definitely come to the right place. This ice cream is not your traditional ice cream. It’s actually medical marijuana ice cream.

Just like your average, run-of-the-mill ice cream, this cannabis-infused ice cream comes in five flavors. However, unlike most ice cream brands, it comes in two potency levels: Regular Dose and Extra Strength. Sadly, this treat is still a medical product and is only available to people who are a part of the Oregon Medical Marijuana Program. If you are eligible, check Drip out at your favorite local dispensary!

#SpoonTip: Check out their safety and dosage info here before you eat.

16. Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar – New York City

ice cream

Photo courtesy of Loopy Doopy Rooftop Bar

Not sure if you want dessert or just a drink? Well, at Loopy Doopy (the rooftop bar at Conrad New York), you don’t have to choose just one! Loopy Doopy’s Prosecco & Ice Pop cocktail allows you to choose your favorite fruity People’s Pop ice pop and top it with either chilled Prosecco or Rose. While the ice pop flavors vary depending on the month, some of the popular flavors include Blueberry Peach and Empire Apple

17. Halo Top – Order Online

ice cream

Photo by Meredith Davin

Not only is Halo Top delicious, but it is also only around 240 to 280 calories per pint. No, you didn’t read that wrong. If that information alone didn’t convince you to go out and buy a pint ASAP, we will help you put this into perspective.

According to Halo Top, one pint of their Vanilla Bean ice cream is 250 calories while 1/2 cup serving of Haägen Dazs Vanilla ice cream is 250 calories. Now you can eat an entire pint without feeling guilty.

18. Foodcraft Espresso and Bakery – Sydney, Australia

ice cream

Photo courtesy of shemazing.net

If Nutella is one of your favorite things, then you’re really going to love Foodcraft Espresso and Bakery’s decadent milkshakes. This Tella Ball shake is made up of a sugar-coated, Nutella-filled donut ball of perfection placed on top of a delicious Nutella milkshake. Although this shake may be a heart attack in the making, we think it’s definitely worth it.

19. Antico Caffè Spinnato — Palermo, Italy

ice cream

Photo courtesy of agrodolce.it

Antico Caffè Spinnato puts a different (and delicious!) spin on your everyday ice cream sandwiches by combining my two favorite things: gelato and bread. Some of you may be thinking this sounds disgusting because we can all agree soggy bread is nasty.

But don’t worry, this bread isn’t your classic white bread and these sandwiches are the furthest thing from being nasty. Antico Caffè Spinnato’s fresh-baked brioche bread and decadent gelato makes for a dessert that will no doubt leave you speechless.

20. Cool Mess – New York City

ice cream

Photo courtesy of redtri.com

If you’ve ever dreamed of making your own ice cream, you’ve come to the right place. Although Cool Mess isn’t your average ice cream parlor, the process is still very simple. Choose either chocolate or vanilla as your base flavor, choose from an array of toppings, and put them together in the machine to create your delicious concoction.

21. Chin Chin Labs – London, England

ice cream

Photo courtesy of Chin Chin Labs

If you’re as obsessed with foodie Instagram accounts as we are, you’ve probably come across the new liquid nitrogen ice cream trend. Well, Europe has finally jumped on the bandwagon with Chin Chin Labs in London.

Not only do they serve up an array of ice cream flavors, from Tonka Bean Vanilla to Peach, but they also have many creative toppings for you to choose from. Feeling adventurous? Try their Blue Cheese Whipped Cream or Spotted Dick, which apparently is British pudding made with suet and dried fruit. Don’t worry, we had to Google what Spotted Dick was too. If those toppings are too much for you, you can always just choose to make your ice cream into a delicious ice cream sandwich.

22. Amorino – select locations in Europe, Asia, & North America

ice cream

Photo courtesy of Tina Wong for thewanderingeater.com

Calling all foodie Instagrams: this gelateria is calling your name. Not only is Amorino’s Italian gelato absolutely delicious, but it’s also aesthetically pleasing.

At first you’ll be mesmerized by the beauty of these floral gelato masterpieces, but then you’ll remember how delicious Amorino’s gelato is and you won’t feel bad for devouring that cone.

23. The Great British Cupcakery – Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK

ice cream

Photo courtesy of yourmorningmocha.wordpress.com

Although The Great British Cupcakery is predominantly known for its baked goods, it serves up some pretty amazing milkshakes. If a cupcake isn’t enough to satisfy that sweet-tooth, we definitely recommend these decadent shakes. As if these already couldn’t get any better, The Great British Cupcakery lets you top them with brownies or even donuts.

24. Bubbies Ice Cream – Honolulu, Hawaii

ice cream

Photo courtesy of foodandwine.com

If you’ve never tried mochi ice cream before, Bubbies is the best place to try it out. This combination of creamy ice cream and sweetened rice makes for a delicious treat.

Try their drool-worthy Chocolate Mint Mochi Ice Cream, or if you’re feeling something a little lighter, pick up a few pieces of their Mango Mochi Ice Cream. If you don’t live in Hawaii, don’t worry! You can get assortment packs of these bite-sized desserts delivered right to your door.

25. Cabot’s – Newton, Massachusetts

ice cream

Photo courtesy of Cabot’s Ice Cream

If you ever have $250 lying around and you’re not sure how to spend it, we recommend taking a trip to Cabot’s for their “Great Pyramid” sundae. This insane sundae contains 60 pints of whatever ice cream your heart desires.

Yes, you read that right. 60 pints – NOT scoops. If the ice cream alone isn’t enough, this unbelievable sundae also includes marshmallows, nuts, cherries, 12 quarts of your favorite toppings, and of course whipped cream to top it all off. Cabot’s says the “Great Pyramid” is supposed to feed around 175 people, but there’s no shame if you want to take on this bad boy all by yourself.