Most American University students would agree that trying to find good delivery and takeout in the area is not an easy task. But what if I told you it didn’t have to be that way? Download the GrubHub app and buckle up because Saturday (or Tuesday) night munchies will never be the same.

1. Potomac Pizza

Photo courtesy of washingtonian.com

This gem is hidden in the Chevy-Chase pavilion of the Friendship Heights neighborhood. This pizza is best known for it’s sweet and doughy crust which perfectly compliments the acidity of the tomato sauce. Start your week off the right way and order one during Sunday night cramming sessions.

2. Afghan Kabob House

Photo courtesy of tripadvisor.com

Afghan Kabob House knows what’s up when it comes to all of your Middle Eastern cravings. Order some kabob and rice when the midnight munchies hit — they’re open until 3 am on weekdays.

3. Satay Club

Delivery

Photo by Tim Choi

An American University favorite, Satay club offers all of your Asian favorites. Most students keep coming back for their platters of colorful sushi, and it’s perfect for those days when you feel like sh*t and need a healthy pick-me-up.

4. Wingo’s

Photo courtesy of trycaviar.com

Wingo’s has been serving the DC university community for as long as we can remember. Their tangy boneless buffalo wings with creamy ranch dressing are delivered right to your door. This comes in handy after a night of frat parties and drunk monumenting. Trust me.

5. Fresh Med DC

Photo courtesy of freshmed-dc.com

Fresh Med DC offers some of the healthiest DC lunch fare in the business. The Fresh Med sandwich with marinated chicken breast, tomato and garlic paste wrapped in a pita is an AU staple. I love to order mine with fresh, sweet and crunchy baklava.

6. Tanad Thai

Delivery

Photo by Tim Choi

Thai food is scarce in DC, but AU students have first dibs at the best Thai in town. Although Tanad’s Pad Thai is the best in the business, AU students swear by their Pad See-Eew. Don’t leave your room, grab your chopsticks and snuggle up with your favorite blanket on a rainy DC day.

7. Pete’s Pizza

Photo courtesy of washingtonian.com

So, you’re Netflix and chilling and you want to impress your girl/guy but you don’t want the fun to end… Well, it’s a good thing Pete’s delivers. Crispy New Haven-style pizza with fresh herbs and spices takes this joint’s pizza to the classiest level of delivery. It’ll be sure to keep your girl/guy around for seconds.

8. Masala Art

Photo courtesy of washingtonian.com

Nestled in a strip of various shops and restaurants, Masala Art is often skipped over. Luckily for you, they deliver to make up for your ignorance. Sit in your room as you watch a Bollywood movie while chowing down on their succulent Seekh Kabab.

9. Wisey’s

Photo courtesy of amazonaws.com

The King of sandwiches, Wisey’s serves the best combo of meat, cheese and veggies you can find in between a bun. AU students all agree that they have some of the best cheesesteak outside of Philly. And don’t forget to throw in a side of cheese fries on a night when the munchies are hitting you hard.

10. Manny & Olga’s

Photo courtesy of tripadvisor.com

This classic pizzeria has been cranking out quality pizzas for college students since 1993. So it’s no surprise that this late-night mecca has captured drunk AU students’ hearts for years. Try their buffalo chicken pizza with ranch dressing the next time you’re out late.

11. Meiwah

Photo courtesy of runinout.com

This sushi hot spot is perfect for healthy grub on the go. Order their spicy tuna roll for some kick, but if you’re in the mood for a super spicy roll try their TNT roll. It’s the bomb. Literally.

12. Muncheez

Photo courtesy of thrillist.com

This Lebanese joint will have your mouth watering for their succulent chicken shawarma and fresh, warm pita. They also offer an array of different late-night favorites like pizza and fries. But the star of the late night show is their sweet Kinder Crepe. Sweet and salty has never tasted so fine.

13. Galley Foods

Delivery

Photo courtesy of facebook.com/GalleyFoodsDC

Since DC is home to some of the most prominent political figures, it’s no surprise that Galley Foods exists. Galley Foods delivers fresh gourmet food at an affordable price straight to your dorm, so don’t even think about putting your textbook down. Their menu changes daily so be sure to check their website.

14. Wok & Roll

Delivery

Photo courtesy of wokandrolldc.com

Wok & Roll has some pretty rad sushi that AU students go crazy for. Besides the super fresh sushi, Wok & Roll serves up classic Asian fare like egg rolls and Kung Pao chicken. Make sure to order on an empty stomach because you’ll be ordering more than one menu item.

15. Cafe Romeo’s

Photo courtesy of caferomeodc.com

Cafe Romeo’s is an Italian cafe beloved by late night AU snackers. Many students swear by their peanut butter and jelly sandwich on a croissant to give you energy while studying for finals, while others would argue their focaccia sandwich with turkey is where it’s at.

16. Cafe of India

Photo courtesy of groupon.com

Even though Cafe of India is a stone’s-throw away from AU, students need to get their Punjabi Tikki Chat ASAP. Offering delivery to all AU dorms, Cafe India makes it easy to get your fix of Indian food taken care of in no time at all.

Honorable mentions

AKA places that don’t deliver, but serve some bomb takeout:

17. Burger, Tap and Shake

Delivery

Photo by Tim Choi

As the newest member of the AU food scene, Burger, Tap and Shake has made it big nestled amongst its Tenleytown competitors. Offering fresh meat or fish burgers with unique toppings and dipping sauces, BTS does not disappoint. Don’t forget to order a boozy shake after your next midterm to calm those nerves.

18. Nando’s Peri-Peri

Delivery

Photo courtesy of Nando’s

Ever since Nando’s Peri-Peri hatched in Tenleytown two years ago, AU students haven’t been able to get enough of their spicy flame-grilled chicken. With their loyalty card, AU students can get a free meal after they visit the restaurant after ten visits. Grab a whole chicken to feed your chicken cravings for the entire week.

19. Cava Mezze-Grill

Delivery

Photo by Lila Seeley

AU students may not all agree politically, but we sure do agree on one thing: Cava is bae. Whenever we need a healthy alternative to our dining hall, we head to Cava for a bowl or pita with some creamy Sriracha Greek yogurt. Pro-tip: mix together the vanilla limeade with the watermelon-mint juice for a refreshing drink.

20. Steak-N-Egg

Delivery

Photo by Tim Choi

Steak-N-Egg is AU’s number one late-night drunk spot. Whether we come stumbling in at 10pm or 4am, we know this 24/7 joint will be our savior after a night of drinking. An AU favorite are the funnel cake fries as they are the perfect way to sober up while still chatting with friends.

21. Wagshal’s

Photo courtesy of dc.eats.com

If you’re in the mood for the best sandwich in the area, look no further. Wagshals is so close to AU you can walk there in 5 minutes after a day of classes. If you’re in the mood for some comfort food, don’t forget to order their amazing Thanksgiving dinner sandwich with gravy, stuffing, turkey and cranberry sauce.