Are you a freshman who has yet to eat outside the confines of a dining hall? Are you a takeout veteran mourning the loss of Wings Over? Either way, you need to know about these 13 student-favorite delivery and takeout spots. You’ll thank me come winter.

Delivery

1. Todoroki

#sushi w/ #grandma #? #??

A photo posted by Natalie Grubman (@natalie_ida) on

There’s nothing fishy about Northwestern students’ go-to spot for all things sushi and hibachi. Don’t feel like BYOB-ing in their dining room tonight? Order more than $15 of food and they’ll deliver to any address in Evanston for no extra charge.

#SpoonTip: Check out Todoroki’s lunch specials for deep discounts on hibachi entrees, bento boxes, and more than 25 different kinds of rolls.

Wildcard Discount: Yes

2. Joy Yee’s Noodle Kitchen

(The grain of rice on the first plate is the only thing I see in this picture)

A photo posted by @woahkrista on

Yes, most menu items ring in at around $10. Yes, one order of student-favorite Sesame Chicken is really enough to feed a small army (or 2-3 hungry college students). And, no, you won’t be disappointed when your drunchies consist of cold leftover fried rice and Pad Thai.

#SpoonTip: Try one of Joy Yee’s famous bubble teas or fruit freezes. These drinks are massive, and come in more than 50 flavors. And, order with a friend – the $20 minimum is hard to meet solo.

Wildcard discount: No

3. Lao Sze Chuan

Ahhhh im home. #spicy

A photo posted by Eve Yixin Fan (@eveyfan) on

Another Chinese spot with a seemingly endless menu, Lao Sze Chuan is your go-to for hot and spicy fare, plus one of the best soup selections in town.

#SpoonTip: No delivery minimum means you can order a single serving of wonton soup and not feel guilty about it.

Wildcard discount: No

4. Blaze Pizza

Second day of sophomore year and already eating pizza for breakfast #spoonfeed #spoonnu

A photo posted by Lauren Goldstein (@lauren_goldstein) on

Blaze may be one of the only local options for thin crust pizza, but you won’t feel like you’re settling when you see their extensive topping options. Like Chipotle for pizza, put together your custom pie assembly-line style (or choose a topping combo from their menu) and watch it be fast-fired in less than 3 minutes.

#SpoonTip: With the choice of gluten free crust and vegan cheese, Blaze is a great option for your vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, lactose intolerant, and/or otherwise picky friends.

Wildcard discount: No

5. Al’s Deli

This day off and this GIANT sammie ??

A photo posted by Natalie (@nlyman2) on

This French deli has an almost cult-like following. If you like Al’s, you love Al’s. When you’re feeling hungover, order a Smoked Turkey with Aioli sandwich, and you won’t have to wait in the half-hour line while simultaneously trying to avoid talking to that kid from your Econ discussion.

#SpoonTip: Want some of Al’s famous cream of tomato soup? It’s only available on weekends, so plan your lunch on Saturday or Sunday between 11:30 and 1:00 to snag a bowl before it sells out. Want one of those elusive butter cookies? They sell out too, so hit up the deli early in the day. And, bring a friend if you want more than one, because rumor has it there’s a one-cookie-per-customer rule.

Wildcard discount: No

6. Peeled Juice Bar

Getting my basic bitch on?? @spoonuniversity #spoonfeed

A photo posted by Elena Besser (@elenabesser) on

Even if you haven’t heard of Peeled, you’ve definitely seen their acai bowls on your Instagram feed. Start your next health kick with the popular I Love Life bowl or the cleverly named Berry Bonds smoothie.

#SpoonTip: If you’re feeling a cold coming on, try one of Peeled’s booster shots, like the Flu Fighter or Stay Well, for an extra dose of immunity.

Wildcard discount: Yes

7. Freshii

You want to eat healthy, but you can’t fathom another salad. I get it. The brown rice bowls at Freshii are your best bet, plus they’re nearly impossible to mess up in transit. Go for the Pangoa bowl and add tofu, falafel, chicken, steak, or tuna, or swap out the brown rice for kale or quinoa.

#SpoonTip: The frozen kefir makes a perfect afternoon snack. Just don’t call it frozen yogurt, because the cashier will definitely be disappointed in your apparent inability to identify frozen dairy products.

Wildcard discount: No

8. Tomate Fresh Kitchen

Evanston

Photo by Bernard Wen

Handmade empanadas, tacos, and better burritos than Chipotle. There, I said it.

#SpoonTip: Spring for the side of guac and chips. It’s worth the $8.

Wildcard discount: No

9. Andy’s Frozen Custard

A little self indulgence. #treatyoself #latergram #VSCOcam

A photo posted by Sharon (@_justshar) on

Andy’s is seriously the cure-all. Relationship troubles? Triple chocolate concrete. Starting to study for tomorrow’s Diversity of Life final at 10 pm? Mint chip concrete. There is something magical blended in that thick custard that will melt away your troubles. You won’t even care how many calories you know you’re consuming. It’s that good.

#SpoonTip: Order your concrete as a jackhammer. They’ll take your favorite menu item and add a center of your favorite topping.

Wildcard discount: Yes

10. Lyfe Kitchen

let's taco bout it

A photo posted by Sara Taxman (@sgtaxman) on

Concerned about finding responsibly raised meat and organic, locally grown fruits and vegetables on a college campus? Have no fear, Lyfe Kitchen is here, and it delivers. You won’t be disappointed by the Grilled Chicken and Avocado Sandwich or the Fish Tacos.

#SpoonTip: Everything on Lyfe Kitchen’s menu is under 600 calories, so it basically negates last night’s 2 am pizza.

Wildcard discount: Yes

11. Clarke’s

Evanston

Photo from Yelp.com

Clarke’s rules the breakfast takeout game. If you haven’t mass ordered omelets for you and all of your housemates on a game day morning, you’re doing football season wrong.

#SpoonTip: Clarke’s pancakes are dope, but sometimes get soggy in transit. Eat them in-restaurant, and stick to the omelets and skillets when ordering in.

Wildcard discount: No

12. Bat 17

Evanston

By Danny Schuleman

Bat 17 is hands down the best burger in town. The sports bar is consistently named the most iconic food joint at Northwestern. I’m not going to tell you what to order here, because literally everything on the menu is insanely delicious.

#SpoonTip: Bet you didn’t know that Bat 17 offers gluten free bread baked by Bennison’s Bakery.

Wildcard discount: Yes

Takeout

13. Foodstuffs

The Evanston outpost of this North Shore mainstay is a bit elusive to Northwestern students: too far to walk and not available on Postmates. Enlist a friend with a car or call yourself an Uber and head over to this gourmet market for some of the best soups, salads, and sandwiches Evanston has to offer.

#SpoonTip: Do not leave Foodstuffs without tasting a Monster Bar. It’s a chocolate chip cookie bar with layers of Oreos, M&Ms, and caramel. Consider yourself warned.

Wildcard Discount: No