It’s always a treat to go out to dinner and enjoy non-college food. However, sometimes there’s nothing better than throwing on your pjs and Netflix-ing the night away with a box of delivery in hand. Trust me, I understand. Whether it’s Chinese, Italian, Mexican or anything in between, takeout is the best way to satisfy your hunger, without leaving the comfort of your dorm. So here are some of my must-try delivery spots the next time you feel like the outdoors are just not for you.

1. Hunan Wok

Delivery

Photo courtesy of @gabybaum on Instagram

Chinese food is always my go-to when I decide that moving is hard and staying in my dorm is exactly what I want to do. And Hunan Wok is definitely at the top of my list for Chinese restaurants that will deliver right to 807 Union Street. Obviously, you can’t go wrong with any of the classics like Sesame Chicken or Vegetable Lo Mein. BUT, if you are looking to explore all Hunan Wok has to offer, give the Chinese Donuts a try. They are pretty much just fried dough covered in powdered sugar, so tell me, what could be bad?

2. Luca’s Grill

Delivery

Photo courtesy of Lucas on Facebook

Although I like to tell myself I’m a pretty healthy eater, pizza is definitely one of my guilty pleasures, particularly Luca’s pizza. I have two words for you my friends: specialty pies. Though, all their pizzas are top of the charts, my friends and I will always go for the spinach, tomato, and feta pie. The flavors come together in a way that is truly a gift to all pizza lovers everywhere. So next time you’re in the mood for something different or you just wanna stick with the classics make sure to give Luca’s a call. They also have insane quesadillas, stuffed breads and fried mac and cheese.

3. Memphis King

Delivery

Photo courtesy of Memphis King on Facebook

So, as a vegetarian I was a little skeptical when my friends made the decision to order from Memphis King one night, given that it’s a barbecue hole-in-the-wall. However, this place is perfect for meat-lovers and vegetarians alike. My friends told me to try the mac n’ cheese and as always bffs know best. It was the most amazing meal I’d had in a while – definitely a must for every Union student to try. Not to mention the rave reviews  about the pulled pork and ribs.

4. Home Style Pizza

Delivery

Photo courtesy of @sheyla_michelle on Instagram

One of my favorite things about Italian food is the way in which all of the recipes are based in tradition, and that is definitely the case at Home Style Pizza in Schenectady. For the last 42 years, Home Style has been making the same pizzas, salads, subs, and classic Italian entrees that are sure to satisfy your need for a home cooked meal. The fact that this place delivers makes it a go-to for any night of the week.

5. Taj Mahal

Delivery

Photo courtesy of http://www.indianfoodtajmahal.com

Looking for something a little different from your typical pizza or Chinese takeout? Taj Mahal has got you covered. Let me tell you, nothing will make you feel more warm and cozy on one of those cold, Schenectady, winter nights than the Indian spices used in their dishes. The chicken tikka masala, chicken vindaloo, and saag paneer are just some of my faves. And for reasonable prices too. What more could you ask for?

6. Marotta’s

Delivery

Photo courtesy of @jessfeinberg on Instagram

If you thought that you needed to travel for a gourmet Italian meal, you thought wrong. Marotta’s has everything from bruschetta to pasta primavera, even a New York Strip Steak, and you don’t need to look any further than your dorm room. My friends and I love doing family style, and Marotta’s is the perfect place to do that. With such a large menu, you really can’t go wrong. If you’re in an Italian mood, check out these other must-try restaurants in Schenectady.

7. I Love NY Pizza

Delivery

Photo courtesy of @megkerbs on Instagram

Everyone knows that New York pizza is the best pizza. I Love NY Pizza embraces that, not only through their name, but through their high quality pizza. It must be something in the water, but for some reason our pizza is truly like no other. So, if you’re in the mood for authentic New York style pizza, don’t hesitate to order delivery from I Love NY.

8. Mr. Wasabi 

Delivery

Photo courtesy of @disposableelegance on Instagram

Okay, its 7 p.m. on a Wednesday night and you’re craving sushi. The Ushi Bar is closed and you don’t know what you’re going to do if you can’t get your hands on a spicy tuna roll. Your solution? Mr. Wasabi. With a wide variety of sushi rolls and Japanese dishes, Mr. Wasabi should be your go-to. Not to mention they are noticeably quick with delivery, so have no fear, you’ll be able to satisfy your desire for Japanese food in no time. Here are some more sushi restaurant close by if you want to do a taste test.

9. Bomber’s Burrito Bar

Delivery

Photo courtesy of @spoon_union on Instagram

When you think about Union College students’ fave hotspots, Bomber’s is definitely at the top of the list. It’s always packed on Homecoming weekend and you’re guaranteed to have a filling, delicious Mexican meal. But here’s the kicker, you can have Bomber’s burritos, quesadillas, tacos, wings (yes, those wings) or whatever your heart desires, brought straight to you. That’s right my friends, that’s the beauty of good ol’ delivery. So definitely be sure to give Bomber’s a call.

10. Brandywine Pizza

Delivery

Photo courtesy of @foodondrugs on Instagram

When my dad went to Union in the early 1980s, Brandywine was one of the students’ favorite late night bite spots. Now, in 2016, it still is. It truly has every kind of comfort food you could be looking for, from pizza and gyros to the best chicken fingers for those days when “adulting” is hard and sitting in bed munching on some chicken fingers is something you need to do.

11. Golden House

Delivery

Photo courtesy of @fortheloveoffood_ on Instagram

So, as I said, my friends and I live for Chinese take-out. Whether it’s Lo Mein, Cashew Chicken, or General Tso, you really can’t go wrong with any dish at Golden House. Also, no worries if you have leftovers cause let’s be real, day old Chinese food is just as good. You have that micro-fridge for a reason people, and that reason is Chinese food.

12. Empire Pizza

Delivery

Photo courtesy of http://empirepizzany.com

Not sure about you, but I think pizza should literally be its own food group. First, there are so many different types, with so many different toppings and you can really never go wrong. Empire Pizza offers all you could imagine on a pizza and more. There are four different pizza sizes from a normal 12 inch pie up to a 24 inch if you decide that you literally wanna share with your entire dorm – or eat it yourself, nobody’s judging.

So, now there’s no excuse to sacrifice a meal just to get in those few extra hours of studying or because you’re too lazy to move (once again, no judgment). These amazing restaurants near campus have got U covered.