Wendy’s food is fast and delicious, but for those with a food allergy, eating out in general – fast food or not – can sometimes be a headache. As someone with a gluten sensitivity myself, I’m constantly checking restaurants’ websites for their allergen menu, hoping I can find a full meal at my desired location.

As I checked Wendy’s menu for their gluten-friendly options, I was pleasantly surprised by how many there were (and spoiler: those of us with gluten allergies can enjoy a delicious Frosty). Get your keys in hand, because after hearing what the best Wendy's gluten-free menu items are you'll most likely be going through the drive-thru.

1. Dave’s Cheeseburger (without bun)

This is one of Wendy’s most popular burgers and thankfully you can enjoy all the components gluten-free if you omit the bun. Though the website does say that because of the grill the burgers are cooked on, cross contamination may occur.

2. Ultimate Grilled Chicken Fillet (without bun) 

Like the burgers, you would have to order this item without the bun, and the website does state that cross-contamination may occur during preparation. Usually when I order at fast-food restaurants, I let the cashier know that I have a gluten allergy and they take extra precautions with my food.

Thankfully cross-contamination doesn’t seem to be a huge problem for me, but if you find you can’t tolerate even the slightest amount of gluten, be honest with the associate and let them know that. Usually they'll be able to make exceptions.

3. Apple Pecan Chicken Salad

When you're looking for something refreshing, try ordering this salad that pares crisp apples with crunchy pecans. Obviously, if you also have a peanut/tree nut allergy (like me) this salad would have to be modified without the pecans.

4. Taco Salad 

This salad needs no modifications, which may seem too good to be true, but it's not. The tortilla chips are made from corn so you don't have to be afraid to enjoy every last one. Way to go, Wendy’s.

5. Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad

If you're looking for a healthier approach than a burger or the taco salad, try boosting your energy with this protein-packed salad from the coast.

6. BLT Cobb Salad

On the other hand, if you want something a little in between healthy and indulgent, you'll want to go for the BLT Cobb salad. This includes chicken, bacon, blue cheese, and an avocado ranch dressing. Personally I've never tried this salad but I'm pretty excited to try it out now. 

7. Caesar Side Salad (without croutons)

If you're looking for something more traditional, look no further. You can order your favorite Caesar salad gluten-free as long as you ask for it without those pesky croutons.

8. Garden Side Salad (without croutons)

You can order this salad and any of the others with dressings such as ranch / light ranch, Italian Vinaigrette, Light Honey French Dressing, Thousand Island Dressing, and Caesar.

9. Natural Cut Fries 

These are cooked in the same oil as other gluten-filled items on the menu, so cross contamination will likely occur in the fryer. 

10. Any Frosty

Hallelujah. This is the menu item we’ve all been waiting for. Any flavor Frosty of your choosing is gloriously gluten-free and can be slurped up without a single worry in the world.

Constantly checking and rechecking menus before dining out can be a pain for anyone who has a food allergy. As a recent college graduate who would spend a lot of time eating out with friends, I frequently found it challenging to enjoy the same food as most of them. It's a relief to know how many options I and my fellow gluten-free friends out there have at such a popular food chain. Score one for Wendy's.