Wendy’s food is fast and delicious, but for those with a food allergy, eating out in general – fast food or not – can sometimes be a headache. As someone with a gluten sensitivity myself, I’m constantly checking restaurants’ websites for their allergen menu, hoping I can find a full meal at my desired location.

As I checked Wendy’s menu for their Gluten-Friendly options, I was pleasantly surprised by how many there were (and spoiler: those of us with gluten allergies can enjoy those delicious Frostys). So, get your keys in hand because after this you will most likely be stopping through the drive thru.

water, tea, coffee
Gemima k. Cadet

1. Dave’s Hot’N Juicy Cheeseburger *without bun

This is one of Wendy’s most popular burgers and thankfully, without the bun, you can enjoy all the components gluten free. This means you can order any of Wendy’s burgers without the bun and they are considered to be gluten free. Though the website does say that because of the grill the burgers are cooked on, cross contamination may occur.

2. Ultimate Grilled Chicken Fillet       *without bun

Like the burgers, you would have to order this item without the bun, and the website does state that cross-contamination may occur during preparation. Usually, when I order at fast-food restaurants, I let the cashier know that I have a gluten allergy and they take extra precautions with my food. Thankfully cross-contamination doesn’t seem to be a huge problem for me, but if you find you can’t tolerate even the slightest of gluten, be honest with the associate and let them know that, usually, they will be able to make exceptions.

3. Apple Pecan Chicken Salad

chicken, salad, meat, lettuce, vegetable
Michelle Miller

When you're looking for something refreshing, try ordering this salad that pares crisp apples with crunchy pecans. Obviously, if you also have a peanut/tree nut allergy (like me) this salad would have to be modified without the pecans.

4.Taco Salad

salad, lettuce, meat, chicken, vegetable
Alex Frank

This salad needs no modifications, which may seem too good to be true, but it's not. The tortilla chips are made from corn so you don't have to be afraid to enjoy every last one. Way to go Wendy’s.

5. Power Mediterranean Chicken Salad

salad, rice, cheese, Dressing, vinegar, balsamic, napkin, fork, carrot, lettuce
Julia Gilman

If you're looking for more of a healthier approach than a burger or the taco salad, try boosting your energy with this protein packed salad from the coast.

6. BLT Cobb Salad

On the other hand, if you want something a little in between healthy and indulgent, maybe you'll want to go for the BLT Cobb salad. This includes chicken, bacon, blue cheese, and an avocado ranch dressing. Personally I've never tried this salad but I'm pretty excited to try it out now. YUM

7. Caesar Side Salad                            *without croutons

Of course, if you're looking for something more traditional, look no further. You can order your favorite Caesar salad gluten free as long as you ask for it without those pesky croutons.

8. Garden Side Salad                           *without croutons

salad, vegetable, tomato, spinach, cheese, lettuce
Bernard Wen

You can order this salad and any of the others with dressings such as ranch / light ranch, Italian Vinaigrette, Light Honey French Dressing, Thousand Island Dressing, and of course Caesar

9. Natural – Cut Fries

french fries, salt, ketchup, potato, chips, fish and chips, fries
Amelia Hitchens

These are cooked in the same oil as other non-gluten free items on the menu, so cross contamination will likely occur in the fryer. 

10. Chocolate, Vanilla, Vanilla Bean, Strawberry, or Chocolate Fudge Frosty

milk, coffee, cream, sweet, chocolate, cappuccino, pudding, espresso, dairy product, yogurt, milkshake, mocha
Katherine Baker

Hallelujah. This is the menu item we’ve all been waiting for. Any flavor Frosty of your choosing is gloriously gluten free and can be slurped up without a single worry in the world.

Constantly checking and rechecking menus before dining out can be a pain for anyone who has a food allergy. As a recent college graduate who would spend a lot of time eating out with friends, I frequently found it challenging to enjoy the same food as most of them. It's a relief to know how many options I and my fellow gluten free friends out there have at such a popular food chain. Score one for Wendy's.

https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/wendy-burgers-will-always-be-square-and-for-good-reason

https://spoonuniversity.com/lifestyle/wendys-twitter-has-hilarious-replies-to-unhappy-customers