For many, guacamole, Taco Tuesdays, and good margaritas are some of life’s purest joys. So here you have it – ten of the best spots around the city to get your Mexican food fix. Olé.

1. El Gato Negro

mexican

Photo by Callie Carlson

With three locations in Mid-City, the French Quarter, and Lakeview, you have no excuse not to try this one out. The fajitas are no joke and are definitely worth the splurge.

2. Johnny Sánchez

mexican

Photo by Rush Jagoe

Chef John Besh does no wrong. In partnership with Aarón Sánchez, a frequent judge on the Food Network show Chopped (find out which Chopped judge you are here), the two bring some serious Mexican fare to the table. While not a traditional Mexican dish, the brussels sprouts are a must-try.

3. Felipe’s Mexican Taqueria

mexican

Photo courtesy of @felipesnola on Instagram

This fast-service local chain is like New Orleans’ own version of Chipotle but with an arguably larger helping of guac.

4. Taqueria Corona

mexican

Photo courtesy of @nolakitchen on Instagram

A great spot to end a day shopping on Magazine Street, they’ve got all the classics – plus a tongue taco (if you’re feeling risky).

5. Taceaux Loceaux

mexican

Photo courtesy of @tlnola on Instagram

Named some of the best tacos in America by Buzzfeed, tracking down this restaurant on wheels is definitely worth while. Also, did I mention they have avocado fries? If you’re up to it learn how to make your own homemade ones.

6. Rollin Fatties

mexican

Photo courtesy of @rollinfattiesnola on Instagram

Yet another Mexican spot on wheels, this food truck is rolling some serious burritos. Even though burritos might seem like the namesake, everything on the menu is top-notch.

7. Araña Taqueria Y Cantina

mexican

Photo courtesy of @arananola on Instagram

Prepare yourself for mouth-watering food.#Spoontip: If you’re into serious happy hours go to Araña from every Monday-Friday from 3-7 to get half-off all tacos and drinks.

8. La Casita

mexican

Photo courtesy of @lacasitanola on Instagram

What started as a cute, little hole-in-the-wall on Julia street has now expanded to bring happiness, in the form of shrimp tacos and burritos with torch-melted cheese, to even more people.

9. Juan’s Flying Burrito

mexican

Photo courtesy of @juansflyingburritonola on Instagram

No New Orleans food list would be complete if one restaurant didn’t include that special creole flair. Juan’s is a crowd pleaser that does a great job of jazzing up classic Mexican dishes with that special NOLA flair. Be sure to get your dip on and try the crawfish queso pictured above.

10. Tacos and Beer

mexican

Photo courtesy of @the_style_brief on Instagram

Nope, not tequila. Beer. Don’t knock it ’til you try it. Here’s a guide on the different types of beers before you go. #Spoontip: Despite the name, Tacos and Beer actually has some incredible tangy margaritas you should not miss out on.

And there you have it, folks. Now forget about the po-boys, gumbo, and other NOLA classics; try something different and go get yourself a taco.