Parents weekend is the first time your parents get to see you in your new college habitat and the first time you get to start crossing those fancy ATL restaurants you can’t afford off your bucket list. Your parents will love you for putting so much thought into their visit, and you’ll get some great free meals.

Two days means six meals, so choose wisely.

1. Canoe

Do NOT let your parents leave without brunch at Canoe. With a beautiful patio overlooking a garden on the water, it’s a little out of the way but it’s 100% worth it.

2. Barcelona Wine Bar & Restaurant

"Oh, you were snowed in for the past 24 hours? … You must be hungry."

A photo posted by Barcelona Wine Bar (@barcelonawinebar) on

Barcelona is a tapas and wine bar in the cute area of Inman Park. You’re going to want to rally your friends for this one so you can try everything.

3. BoccaLupo

Photo by Foodie Buddha

The absolute best home-made and hand-cut pasta. If your parents are feeling generous, convince them to try the pasta tasting menu.

4. Alma Cocina

Located downtown, Alma Cocina does authentic Mexican right. It’s a really fun place and great for groups if your parents are meeting the roommates’ fam.

5. Miso Izakaya

Photo by Morgan Goldberg

Miso Izakaya is one of Atlanta’s top Japanese restaurants and a campus favorite for splurging Emory students.

6. Antico Pizza

Photo courtesy of Anabelle Kaplan

Take your parents on a little trip to Napoli for the best pizza you will find in Atlanta, hands down. It’ll be tough, but try to save some room for gelato from Cafe Antico across the street.

7. Ecco

Best honey goat cheese balls I've ever had.

A photo posted by Vartan Antonyan (@vartanik) on

Ecco is a really safe bet for anything Italian. Their pastas are heavenly.

8. Buttermilk Kitchen

Photo by Danielle Ball

You might have to wait a while since ATL is big on brunch, but Buttermilk Kitchen is worth the wait. Everything at this cute place is made in house from scratch with sustainable, local ingredients and you really can taste the difference.

9. ONE Midtown Kitchen

Located inside an urban warehouse, you’d never know this place was even there until you walked inside. Everything is so good and artfully prepared – your parents will definitely be impressed.

10. South City Kitchen

Photo by Morgan Goldberg

If you’re not from around here, take your parents to South City Kitchen for some sophisticated southern food. They’ve got all the classics like fried chicken and waffles, mashed potatoes, and BBQ pork, but dressed up a little.