It is difficult to leave Royal Blue Grocery not feeling refreshed and in good spirits. A close five minute drive from SMU's campus, Royal Blue Grocery has everything a girl could want. From cases full of fresh pastries, a full grocery department, a coffee bar, and sandwich counter—not to mention an amazing, upbeat techno playlist— a trip to Royal Blue is an experience. Whether you decide to brave the Texan mid-day heat and sit outside at their umbrellaed outdoor tables, or you make your way inside to enjoy the roomy booths in the upstairs loft, Royal Blue is the perfect place to spend hours working away on an assignment and treating yourself to something yummy.

On your next trip to Royal Blue, you do not want to miss:

1. Matcha Tea with Coconut Milk

Elise Huff

You can’t go wrong with this refreshing drink. Not only does it make a great pick-me-up, but the creaminess of the coconut milk goes great with the matcha.

2. Iced Cold Brew - Vanilla (add coconut or soy milk)

Elise Huff

I cannot even count the number of times that I have ordered this drink. Of course, iced coffee is a staple for many college students, but adding the vanilla flavoring and then topping it off with either coconut or soy milk really makes it a treat.

3. Pony Up Juice

Elise Huff

What could be more school spirited than this? This juice not only represents the red and blue, but has notes of carrot and ginger that will help fight off the Peruna plague you might be battling.

4. Red Velvet Cake

Elise Huff

Who said you couldn’t eat cake for breakfast? I am going to be honest — I have ordered this during an early study session at Royal Blue - and it was completely worth it. Take advantage of their 7am opening time! Whether you are treating yourself in the morning or in the evening, this cake is extremely decadent and always worth it.

5. Rose Lemonade

Elise Huff

These lemonades are amazing with their hint of rose and sweet carbonation. If you are just popping into the store for a few moments on a hot day, I definitely recommend grabbing a bottle and taking it with you — it is always a sweet treat.

6. Italian Sandwich

Elise Huff

If you find that your hour of studying for that big test turns into a night of studying, don’t worry. Royal Blue has an amazing selection of warm sandwiches. My personal favorite is the Italian, complete with prosciutto and mozzarella.

7. Almond Croissant

Elise Huff

Whether it is breakfast time, or an afternoon snack, the almond croissants are to die for. Not only are they flaky and buttery, but they have a delectable almond paste inside and are coated with almond shavings. What more could a girl want?

8. Chai Latte

Elise Huff

With the fall season approaching, a warm chai is the perfect drink to enjoy on an October afternoon. You can never go wrong with such a classic drink.

9. Alyssa’s Healthy Almond Cookies

Elise Huff

If you find yourself wandering through Royal Blue, make sure to stop by the cookie section and pick up a few of these. They make a great treat, but don't make you feel guilty. My personal favorite is the cranberry coconut. 

10. Mother: Infused Apple Cider - Blood Orange

Elise Huff

This drink packs a punch as an amazing probiotic, it will keep you feeling refreshed and ready to take on whatever the day brings you. 

Being only five minutes from campus, Royal Blue Grocery is the perfect spot to study all day or grab a quick snack. With so many yummy drink options and sandwiches to choose from, Royal Blue is a girl's best friend. You can study, grocery shop, and grab a meal all at one place !