After one relocation and plenty of expansion, Morning Glory is celebrating its 35 year anniversary on Maine Street! Owned and operated by a local mother-son team, there are millions of reasons to stop by, but here are the top 10:

1. Tons of Specialized Gluten-Free, Paleo, and Dairy Free Options

morning glory

Photo courtesy of Emily Magruder

If you have any form, seriously any form, of allergy, intolerance, dislike, or general pickiness, Morning Glory is the place for you. They have a great selection of all things gluten-free, entire walls of whole grains, a new and improved dairy-free section (who knew there was dairy free yogurt?!), and everything is organized, sorted, and labeled so you never need to think twice.

2. Every Juice/Kombucha/Smoothie You’ve Ever Imagined

morning glory

Photo by Sabina Hartnett

If you’ve already tried the entirety of the Jack’s Juice bar menu or are just in search of a new favorite drink to sip while you study: check out the fridge stocked head to toe with tasty (& healthy!) drinks.

#SpoonTip read this article before starting your juice cleanse.

3. The Nut Gallery

morning glory

Photo by Sabina Hartnett

There is legitimately an entire WALL of delicious nuts, granolas, beans, and spices. Talk about healthy fats.

4. Local Meats

morning glory

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

While everything in the store is fresh and almost entirely locally sourced, the meat selection is especially impressive. So if you’re like Ron, you won’t need to feel bad about that third steak.

#SpoonTip Click here to see why you should always buy local and here to see what actually goes into processed meats.

5. Local Body Care

morning glory

Photo by Sabina Hartnett

Don’t just eat locally- now you can buy local, natural, and organic soaps, skincare, shampoos and more!

6. Clothing

morning glory

Gif courtesy of tumblr.com

Who knew you could even buy organic clothing?! The women’s clothing boutique (located upstairs) specializes in stylish USA-made apparel.

7. Local Breads

morning glory

Photo courtesy of moglonf.com

Let’s face it, everyone loves bread. Especially fresh bread brought up from Black Crew Baking Co. in Portland every morning!

8. Nutritionist and Supplements

morning glory

Photo courtesy of moglonf.com

Visit the herbal and nutritional staff Monday through Friday for consultations and assistance picking the best herbal and nutritional supplements for you!

9. Bright & Fresh Fruits and Veggies

morning glory

Photo by Sabina Hartnett

Not only are they beautiful, colorful, and tasty, but the fruits and vegetables are all locally and organically grown!

10. Incredible Staff

morning glory

Photo courtesy of moglonf.com

Last, but most definitely not least, the owners and employees are enthusiastic, knowledgable, energetic and friendly. While the shop is owned and operated by two generations of the Tarpinian family (Toby & Susan) every employee is eager to help you find anything and everything you’re looking for.

#SpoonTip connect with Morning Glory on Facebook to learn about new events and sales!