A handy guide to the best eateries in South Campus for when you are stony broke and your belly wants something delish! Consider this your vade mecum for when you are sick of your hostel/PG food or when you just want to chill out with your friends.

1. QDs

south campus

Photo by Simran Mathur

If you are living under a rock and don’t know it already, this place serves the best Tandoori Momos. The wall inside is decorated with quirky posters, which gives the space a youthful touch. You can enjoy wide range of Mughlai and Chinese dishes with melodious Bollywood and Hollywood songs playing in the background.

#SpoonRecommends: Tandoori momos, Butter Chicken, Crispy Chilly Potatoes

2. Maxim’s

south campus

Photo by Mehak Dhawan

A lesser-known bakery situated in Kailash Colony, which serves various snacks and bakery products at a very low price. Perfect for scrumptious desserts, this place is a favorite haunt for students living nearby.

#SpoonRecommends: Chocolate Pudding, Chicken Patty

3. Big Yellow Door

You may have to wait for a while when you visit this place, because this place is always jam packed with students, chitchatting over Italian food and beverage. What steals the deal is the oh-so-awesome ambience of the place.

#SpoonRecommends: Butter Chicken Pasta, Cheese Bomb Burger, Oreo Chocolate

4. Tony’s

south campus

Photo courtesy of Wikimedia.org

This place is a life saviour for all the students living in and around Amar Colony. When the hostel/PG food isn’t satisfying, drop in here for inexpensive and delicious food options. This place doesn’t have a well-structured dine-in option, so people mostly get their food packed or home-delivered.

#SpoonRecommends: White Sauce Pasta, French Fries

5. Diggin

south campus

Photo by Vanshita

This one is slightly costly from the other options. But their food and ambience are worth the money. This café serves Italian and Continental food and is the most-liked hangout place for students from the surrounding colleges.

#SpoonRecommends: Lamb Lasagna, smoothies

6. The Potbelly Rooftop Café

south campus

Photo courtesy of Beautiful Foodie (Manmeet Kaur) on Zomato

As the name suggests, this place provides you with a very pretty rooftop hangout option. This café serves Bihari cuisine, which is quite unique and exquisite. The ambience is laid back which is soothing. If you have an appetite for unconventional food, you cannot afford to miss this one.

#SpoonRecommends: Litti Chokha, Baggia Basket

7. Hunger Strike

south campus

Photo by Nilakshi Basumatry

Immensely famous for it’s Tandoori momos, this place always has a long queue and you may have to wait. There is no seating arrangement so it is suggested that you get your food home-delivered. The menu also consists of various North Indian delicacies at affordable price.

#SpoonRecommends: Tandoori momos

8. Scooter On The Wall

south campus

Photo by Karan Sarpal

The effervescent interiors and the great food will surely make your day. It’s relatively new, but that has not stopped this place from becoming a hot favorite with the students. The décor is eccentric and is sure to make your head turn. It literally has a scooter on the wall. Cool much?

#SpoonRecommends: Million Dollar shake, Cottage Cheese Steak

9. Dude Food

south campus

Photo by Nilakshi Basumatary

This is another option to check out when you are penniless but want to have delightful pizzas. The walls are as funky as it can get. Enjoy your pizzas with some delectable desserts.

#SpoonRecommends: Chicken Dude Pizza

10. Dark House Kafé

south campus

Photo by Karan Sarpal

This one-of-a-kind horror themed restaurant attracts students from the neighboring colleges. The dim lighting with zombie and ghost graffiti will definitely give you the chills.

#SpoonRecommends: Thin crust pizza, Kitkat shake