If you live in Houston, you know that every season is ice cream season. While the temperatures may be getting lower around this time, Houstonians know that the Texas heat will make a surprise appearance every so often, which is why it is so important to be equipped with the perfect list of the best places to grab ice cream in Houston.

Whether you're reading this during the summer and need a cold treat, or are bracing for the random heat of Houston winters, you will not be disappointed with a scoop, or pint, from these must-try spots. 

1. Cloud 10 Creamery

Cloud 10 Creamery is far from your classic ice cream shop. While they serve up classics like vanilla and dark chocolate, they also offer an array of out-of-the-ordinary flavors. Try their toasted rice ice cream any day, or one of their seasonal options, like Mozzarella with Banana Jam or Popcorn with Pineapple (yes, this exists) if you’re really feeling adventurous. 

2. Tiny's Milk and Cookies

I may have mentioned this in previous articles, but I must repeat it again: Tiny’s No. 5 can do no wrong. This includes their walk-up, bakery and ice-cream parlor concept, Milk and Cookies. Milk and Cookies is the place to go if you’re craving a creamy, thick, and childhood-memory-inducing dessert. And best of all, they put their world-famous cookies into one of their frozen creations: Milk and Cookies-flavored ice cream. 

#Spoon Tip: Before trying Tiny’s Milk and Cookies for a treat, go next door to Tiny’s No. 5 for a brunch complete with beautiful lattes, fresh juices, and Insta-worthy avocado toast.

3. Amy's Ice Creams

Amy’s Ice Creams is just fun. Flavors include their amazing Mexican Vanilla, Belgian Chocolate, and an array of seasonal flavors. In addition, they have a selection of dairy-free “ices." And if you thought this spot couldn’t get more fun, the ice cream servers are known to literally throw the scoops into their cups. 

4. Bubble Egg

Have you ever seen those cool bubble-wrap waffle cones on your Instagram feed? Well, you don’t have to travel to New York City or Los Angeles to participate in this fun ice cream trend. Luckily for Houstonians, we have our own ice cream shop that serves up scoops inside these “Bubble Egg” cones. Nestled away in Chinatown is Bubble Egg, where you can combine a mixture of ice creams, toppings, and syrups inside one Instagram-worthy cone. Trust me, you won’t leave without taking a picture of your ice cream creation. 

5. The Chocolate Bar

Craving chocolate? Well, you’re in luck. The Chocolate Bar is here for you and all of your chocolate needs, including ice cream. Their must-try confections include the Candyland Junkyard, a mix of numerous candy bars, and my personal favorite, Snowberry, a mix of strawberry and chocolates. No matter which flavor you try, you will not be disappointed. 

#Spoon Tip: Make sure to purchase a few pieces of the Chocolate Bar’s chocolate-covered fruits. They are refreshing and decadent!

6. Amorino Gelato

If you want to photograph your dessert, and eat it too, then you must pay a visit to Amorino. Amorino serves up delicious gelato, but not in your classic scoop. Say goodbye to spherical scoops and hello to rose-shaped layers. In fact, your cone will look so pretty that you won’t want to eat it ... Kidding! The artisan gelato will have your mouth watering. 

#Spoon Tip: Order a macaron on top of your gelato cone. Not only will it elevate your photos, but it will double the sweetness.

7. 8 Fahrenheit

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve definitely seen the rolled ice cream fad that’s been taking over the majority of foodstagrams. At 8 Fahrenheit, you can participate in the delicious food trend. Pick from a selection of flavors and toppings, and then watch as they are rolled up. 

8. Steel City Pops

This must-try spot doesn’t technically serve scoops, but they serve the perfect frozen treats for Houston’s hot days: popsicles. At Steel City Pops, you can try a myriad of pops, ranging from creamy to fruity to cookie pops. And if that’s not enough, you can dip your pop in chocolate! 

#Spoon Tip: Make sure to go to Steel City Pops every season, as their flavors change every so often. Order a dozen of your favorite pops to get a generous discount! 

9. Creamistry

Do you ever crave weird ice cream combinations? Fruity Pebbles and Strawberry or maybe Pumpkin Spice? No matter the combo, Creamistry can bring it to life. At this ice cream shop, you pick your base, and then you pick the ingredients that you want inside your ice cream. You watch as a Creamologist crafts up your combo, complete with a bunch of liquid nitrogen (this freezes the ice cream). Creamistry is a food experience that is filled with fun, liquid nitrogen smoke, and amazing ice cream flavors.

10. Fat Cat Creamery 

Fat Cat Creamery is the ice cream parlor that you know and love, with hip, trendy vibes to go along with it. Fat Cat Creamery serves up some amazing ice creams, like Mexican Vanilla and Amaya Coffee and Cream. 

As you can see, Houston is far from lacking in the frozen treats department. Whether you want a classic scoop, or something more out of the ordinary, you will not be disappointed by any of these ice cream shops.