If you're looking for a cozy place to study, meet up with friends, or just have a delicious cup of coffee, the areas surrounding Northeastern University's campus have plenty to offer. Although Starbucks and Dunkin' are never the wrong move, switching it up with these coffee shops near Northeastern can be a fun change!

Due to the COVID-19 virus, some of these coffee shops and cafes are operating differently than they usually would, but if you are able it is still worth checking them out!

1. Caffe Strega

Caffe Strega, an authentic Italian café, has one of its locations right inside our beloved ISEC building! If you're in the middle of an intense study session here, it's a great place to refuel. They offer a variety of coffee and espresso drinks as well as pastries, salads, and sandwiches. Its location inside the building is open so the studious energy of the building permeates through the café as well.

2. Tatte Bakery & Cafe

Tatte Bakery & Cafe has many locations spread across Boston and nearby towns, one is also right on campus! They offer a large selection of pastries and drinks all day along with brunch on select days. Their coffee is from Stumptown Roasters and their pastries are all served fresh in the morning! The decoration in this coffee shop is very modern and elegant which makes it a great study spot if you need a clear space for a clear mind. 

3. Pavement Coffeehouse

Pavement Coffeehouse is centered in Boston and Cambridge, with one of its locations right off of Huntington. They're one of the closest coffee shops near Northeastern! They sell freshly made bagels and bagel sandwiches with unique cream cheese flavors along with specialty coffee and tea drinks. The interior is very open and has a modern, rustic feel. Come for the yummy foods, stay for the calming atmosphere!

4. Caffè Nero

Caffè Nero has locations globally with locations mainly in the Boston area here in the US. They have an expansive menu of coffee and espresso drinks as well as sandwiches and snacks. Caffè Nero has a unique blend of coffee that they source consciously in conjunction with the Rainforest Alliance. Their coffee shops always feel like a cozy library and are a great place to get some work done along with delicious cup of coffee you can feel good about!

5. Farmer Horse Coffee

Farmer Horse Coffee is a quaint and cozy coffee shop on Mass Ave with many options for food and drink such as sandwiches and coffee/tea drinks. Here they serve Ethiopian coffee and a portion of coffee sales go towards clean water projects in Ethiopia! When you visit this coffee shop you'll instantly feel its welcoming personality and rustic homey ambience making it a wonderful place to be relaxed and productive at the same time!

6. Caffe Bene

Caffe Bene is originally from South Korea and has most of its US locations near NYC, but we're lucky enough to have one in Boston, so close to our campus! They're well known for their coffee drinks and desserts, especially their waffles with creative toppings - these are great for a mid-study pick-me-up! Caffe Bene's ambience is very cozy and reminiscent of a classic coffee shop, so you can't go wrong with a trip here.

7. Phinista Café

Phinista Café is a Vietnamese café located right next to Northeastern's campus in Fenway. They're known for their sweet crepes and authentic Vietnamese phin coffee, but also have great teas (hot, cold, and/or bubbly!), pastries made in-house and Vietnamese specialty foods. This café has a homey yet modern feel and is definitely a wonderful place to focus and grind out some work, but also explore the scrumptious items on their menu!

8. Render Coffee

Render Coffee has two locations, one of which is right next to our campus on Columbus Ave. This coffee shop gets their coffee from Gracenote and Tandem roasters and is well known for their hazelnut latte. Render has a sitting area filled with windows making for a very cozy and natural environment even during the cold, snowy months of winter and the hot, sunny months of summer! Visiting here would be the best of both worlds with comforting food and drink along with the beauty of the outside!

9. Café Madeleine

Café Madeleine is a French patisserie a short walking distance from campus and is known for their delicious French pastry, especially their croissants. They also serve coffee and espresso drinks that go great with their sweets! The atmosphere of this café is simple yet cozy, which is perfect for a relaxing trip.

10. Jaho Coffee & Tea

Jaho Coffee & Tea is a little bit of a hike from Northeastern's campus, but is definitely worth it. They're known for their creative twists on classic café drinks, one of their most popular ones is red velvet hot chocolate. They also have a selection of coffee and espresso drinks, teas and bubble teas! The atmosphere in Jaho is very lively, but also very comfortable making a great spot to try new and inventive drinks while also being productive!

Whether it's the beginning of the semester and you're preplanning study spots, the middle and you need a change of scenery, or it's finals week and you need a place to cram, you can't go wrong with any of these delightful places. They're some of the best coffee shops near Northeastern University's campus!