When people think of baby food, they typically think of that mushy, orange substance that comes in a jar. It looks gross and smells weird. Let's be honest, no adult, let alone a baby, wants to eat it. Despite this, baby food is making a comeback — but for adults. Snacks made for babies, like puffs and yogurt melts, are flying off shelves and into the hands of the fully grown. So why are adults drooling over these baby snacks, and why are they so good?  

Why is baby food trending?

Short answer? It’s delicious. 

People are really loving Gerber puffs, which are basically a cereal snack. The puffs come in a variety of fruity flavors, such as strawberry, banana, apple cinnamon, and blueberry. The puffs come in a resealable jar, making it super easy to just take them on the go. It’s essentially like having a box of cereal in your purse.

As someone who has snacked on these before, I have to admit the puffs are better than any “adult” cereal I’ve ever had. Not to mention, it supposedly helps brain development and learning ability (for babies, of course).

Yogurt melts also have people joining the baby food craze. These are essentially drops of freeze-dried yogurt that melt in your mouth. You can get banana vanilla, strawberry, or even a berry and veggie blend to really get all those nutrients.

Arrowroot biscuits are also a hit, which are just healthy versions of your classic biscuit cookie. They’re small and “dissolvable,” making them the perfect cookie snack.

Some parents have even gone as far as to steal their baby’s snacks, like these biscuits. They have less sugar and calories than “adult” cookies but taste even better.

People have been getting creative and combining multiple baby snacks together to make the ultimate baby food delicacy — a baby food trail mix if you will. The @caleontwins on Instagram made puff-yogurt melt snack bags for their flight, claiming it’s the best snack.

Even athletes are munching on baby snacks. Members of NYU’s cross country team said the cereal puffs are the perfect snack for before a run because they’re light on the stomach but still delicious.

Maybe it’s time to ditch adult food all together and revert back to our earlier childhoods, considering how tasty baby snacks are.