Spoon University Logo
News

Trader Joe’s Has Pumpkin Spice Wine???

Who doesn’t love pumpkin spice everything in the fall? Every year as it gets colder outside, pumpkin spice starts showing up in all our favorite places. This includes candles, coffee, ice cream, doughnuts, and now wine. Who would have thought that the warmest flavor out there would be wrapped up in a bottle for us? The grocery store thought of it and fans of the fall flavor can now get their hands on Trader Joe’s pumpkin spice wine. 

Does Trader Joe’s really have pumpkin spice wine? 

Trader Joe’s has expanded its heavenly list of all things fall by now offering a Pumpkin Spice Chardonnay. It made its appearance on Trader Joe’s shelves earlier this month and is only here for a limited time. 

If you love pumpkin spice as much as I do, don’t walk, run. They might have just outdone themselves this season. This chardonnay was produced by Greenfield, California’s Second Story Wine Co., and has a low percent ABV of just 6.9%. It retails for only $6.99 which might be the biggest steal.

What does the Trader Joe’s pumpkin spice wine taste like?

The bottle label claims the chardonnay to have “a harmony of nutmeg, cinnamon, and clove with hints of buttery pie crust and a kiss of sweet cream. Like a freshly baked pumpkin pie, this delicious blend is the perfect way to celebrate the warmth and coziness of the season.”

In a Reddit thread titled “Pumpkin spice may be where I draw the line,” many people are sharing their opinions on the new wine. One person said they couldn’t stand the hate the wine is getting, rating the wine an 8/10 as it was “very sweet but still tasty.” It seems many Trader Joe’s fans are eager to try it especially since it is under $10. Another user on Reddit who works at Trader Joe’s commented “My friend’s review: pulls face, then considers ‘Actually, I don’t hate this as much as I thought I would.’”

On TikTok, the Pumpkin Spice Chardonnay received a 10/10 from one user despite hating chardonnay, and mentioned, “It tastes just like cider”.  The pumpkin spice flavoring could turn non-wine drinkers into wine lovers like emmagmcdaniel on TikTok. 

But, of course, it depends on the person as some had high hopes for the wine but thought it tasted just like juice and gave it a 2/10. Others mentioned that “it tasted like regret,” as well as like perfume, sadness, and even diluted fireball. 

@reneenea

2/10. Tastes like juice. Also, checked the label and its 6% ABV… #traderjoeswine #flop

♬ Yacht Club – MusicBox

Despite it all, the Pumpkin Spice Chardonnay is still giving us all the fall vibes with many people saying the wine has more of an apple flavor rather than pumpkin. Who knows, the wine may become a new staple for all of the Trader Joe’s connoisseurs.