Food won this year with tomato girls dominating summer and let’s not forget the girls rebranded dinner. With that came a new wave of colorful energy of the tomato girl aesthetic and unique dining experiences from girl dinner appeared on Spotify playlists. These trends evolved beyond fads to become a way of life — a celebration of rustic colors, vintage luxury, and the perfect fusion of food and music. As Spotify Wrapped 2023 stats unfolded, the aesthetics of food and music came alive.

Fashioning the Tomato Girl Aesthetic

Imagine this: stacked linen napkins, glasses garnished with tomatoes, and an exquisitely tailored wardrobe reminiscent of the 1990s. Adored by musical icons such as Billie Eilish, the tomato girl trend encourages fans to embrace a color scheme consisting of rustic reds, whites, yellows, and browns. Lisa Says Gah becomes a sanctuary for people looking for the ideal tomato-themed wardrobe, providing light linens that whisk wearers away to Italy's sun-drenched coast. Tomato girls not only wear their aesthetic as the sun sets but also consume it with easy-to-make but delicious dishes like crushed tomatoes, mozzarella, and ciabatta bread topped with pepper and olive oil. This summer's symphony of style, sound, and cuisine is incredibly harmonious.

This all blends perfectly with a curated playlist that incorporates music in a seamless manner amidst this visual feast. Spotify Wrapped Stats reports that the creation of playlists centered around the theme "tomato girl" increased by 500% in the United States. Top hits like Frank Sinatra's "Something' Stupid," Lana Del Ray’s "Say Yes to Heaven," and Frankie Valli’s "Can't Take My Eyes Off You" became the anthems of Tomato Girl Summer, providing a melodic backdrop to midnight swims and leisurely readings of Elena Ferrante's Neapolitan Quartet.

Culinary Comforts of Girl Dinner

Trending on TikTok, we hear a lot of buzz about “girl dinner.” These kinds of dinners turn everyday meals into curated works of art and girl power. It all started with Olivia Maher's viral TikTok video, honoring the beauty of simple pleasures: the spread of cheeses, cured meats, strawberries, and assorted pickles. It’s a way of life, not just a meal. Girl dinner represents that elegance can be found in the ordinary, transforming our every bite into a delectable expression of empowerment.

With over 10,000 “girl dinner” playlists made this year, Spotify's Wrapped Stats also highlight this musically inclined culinary trend. Songs like "Cherry" by Lana Del Rey and "champagne problems" by Taylor Swift are included as they are the ideal musical match for curated dining experiences involving an array of crackers, cheese, and grapes.

Aesthetics go beyond the style, where food, music, and fashion come together to create a multi-sensory experience that makes every day a vibrant celebration of flavor and style.